Been a while since I posted in here instead of just reading This is a project I have been working on and a unique opportunity to meet and mingle with the biggest stars on NZ motor racing - all in one place and all at one time. I won't go on about the drivers, they speak for themselves. It is not an inexpensive ticket....cheapest is $500. BUT, it is a one time opportunity to meet these guys and all profit made after cost will go towards two cool NZ motorsport things - the Elite Motorsport Academy for our up and coming drivers and the campaign to bring back Rally NZ. I often hear about the costs of this and the costs of that in motorsport and all I can really say to all of them is Yes and agree. May be this is a company thing, may be its for one or two lucky or very determined 'at all costs' fans but here it is nonetheless.

I hope very much it is OK with the moderators to post this editorial (One of our older legends encouraged me to do so....) and I hope like him and I you see the merit in supporting a unique event. Please try your best :-) not to flame me or troll the thread, if the event charged $50 we would not be able to make or have any chance of making revenue for the Academy and the Rally.

Scott Dixon to headline spectacular
Legends of Speed event

New Zealand’s international motorsport champions from the past, present and future will be celebrated during a spectacular and historic gala event to be held on November 25th at the Vector Arena in Auckland.
The “Legends of Speed – Presented by the Giltrap Group” event will be headlined by New Zealand’s most successful and recognised racing driver, four-time IndyCar champion and Indianapolis 500 race winner Scott Dixon.

He will be joined by other Kiwi international motorsport stars including Hyundai World Rally Championship crew and Argentinian Rally winners Hayden Paddon and co-driver John Kennard, World Endurance Champion and factory Porsche driver Brendon Hartley and Le Mans 24 Hour winner and Porsche factory driver Earl Bamber.

New Zealand's V8 Supercar presence will be well represented by current stars Scott McLaughlin, Fabian Coulthard and Shane van Gisbergen. Four time Bathurst winner Greg Murphy will also attend as one of the country’s greatest exports to the Australian series.

Other drivers will include GT and Porsche racing icon Craig Baird, Asia Porsche Carrera Cup champion Chris van der Drift and Japanese Lexus Super GT driver and current Japanese Formula 3 champion Nick Cassidy.

The black tie event – which has already secured a Principal Partner in the form of the Giltrap Group - will celebrate New Zealand’s proud international motorsport history and will provide an opportunity for corporate New Zealand and motorsport luminaries to meet at a unique event.

Proceeds raised from the event will be donated to assist with funding of the New Zealand Elite Motorsport Academy and to support the current Bring Back WRC New Zealand campaign.

“New Zealand Motorsport’s international heritage stretches back to a golden era of famous Kiwis who were pioneers and played their part in the sport as it developed into the global sport today. Bruce McLaren, Denny Hulme, Chris Amon, Howden Ganley and Mike Thackwell all reached the pinnacle of the sport by competing in Formula One and they helped to lay the foundations for future generations who aspire to the highest levels,” explained event organiser Peter Johnston.

“For the size of our population New Zealand is extremely well represented in global motorsport by an outstanding group of talented young drivers and also engineers who all strive to make a success of their careers and leave their mark in motorsport history.

“The Giltrap Group ‘Legends of Speed’ event will bring most of these drivers home for a spectacular one-off night of celebration. There has never been a time that so many of the current stars have had an opportunity to be together for an event like this.

“We’ll honour the past and present, we will tell the stories and reflect on some of their greatest moments through live interviews and exciting video production. We can promise all who attend will enjoy a unique and entertaining evening,” concluded Johnston.

New Zealand’s star drivers will be joined on the night by a display of some of the world’s most rare and exclusive supercars from private New Zealand collections, many of them are rarely seen in New Zealand and they will complement the evening along with a motorsport memorabilia auction which will feature racing treasures and exciting one-off experiences.

Ticket details and more information is available at the Legends of Motorsport website, www.legendsofspeed.co.nz

Name:  07-31-Dixon-On-Course-MidOhio (310 x 186).jpg
Views: 835
Size:  19.9 KB

Name:  P-20160123-00095_HiRes-JPEG-24bit-RGB (422 x 281).jpg
Views: 829
Size:  28.4 KB