Quote Originally Posted by duncan fox View Post
Hi Chris ,

Did you buy it from Ron Eaton? I was very keen on the car when I first saw it out the back of his yard, but my obsession with Cadillacs and hot rods got the better of me. It was $1200.00 if I recall and that would have made it the 5th car I had on tick . British were cars my parents drove!
I bought it in Nov 1974 from Zebra Service Station Ltd in Papatoetoe for $2750. Sold it in Aug 1975 for $2800! I was a Uni student at the time and had to raise the cash for an air fare to the UK to go on a Dorian Singers' tour. Pretty much been in the UK ever since. I was out of Jags for nearly 40 years, seduced by other classics such as Daimler Dart, NSU RO80, Jensen CV8 Mk III, TVR Tuscan, Lancia Fulvia Zagato, and, for almost 30 years, a 1968 Iso Grifo 7-Litre. Finally persuaded to sell that about a year and a half ago, and am now back in a 1950 XK120 OTS (bronze with biscuit & tan interior) which I'm really enjoying fettling. I've put it back to the original disc wheels and rear spats, and even gone back to drum brakes! Upcoming article in the XK Gazette, if anyone belongs to the UK XK Club.
Who is Ron Eaton, Duncan?