Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ray Archibald's XK120 and MK2 Jaguars

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by JC1 View Post
    Hi Chris,

Sorry to have missed this post. Please contact me at johncorrie@gmail when convenient.

The car is stored at my engineer's workshop near Silverstone and once we start work on it I would be delighted to meet you there and show you the car again.

Best, John
    Attention Chris Lachner........I have found the photo of you with the Mk4 in the ditch......Please send me your email and I will forward it on to you.......Gerald Fogg.

Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    Attention Chris Lachner........I have found the photo of you with the Mk4 in the ditch......Please send me your email and I will forward it on to you.......Gerald Fogg.
    Thanks so much, Gerald, that would be brilliant!
    chrisgrifo68@gmail.com

Hi Gerald,
    I got your email with the great pic (many thanks!) but every time I try to reply to your email address it is rejected "due to possible spam content" which it certainly doesn't have! Any ideas??

World Champion
    Hi Chris.........no I'm sorry, dont know what is wrong there.....I'll send you another email with no photo and see if that works......I have confirmed your friend request........Gerald.

Gerald, I tried sending emails with pictures, then with no pictures - same result, even when I tried not replying, but starting a fresh email from scratch... Sent a personal message on Facebook, too. Maybe better to communicate there, rather than hijacking this thread? Could be something to do with your spam settings, perhaps...?

Great thread. Thanks for saving AQ5800. Fabulous car.

I own a Pearl Grey Jaguar Mark I - originally delivered with a 2.4 engine to Archibald’s Garage, Christchurch, New Zealand, ostensibly ordered for Dr Philip Melville-Heath. However, this car arrived on 27 March 1958 and was used by Archibald for 17 months until 2 September 1959, when it was finally registered AL 6200 to Dr Melville-Heath.

Does anyone have pictures of Ray's Mark I cars? (I believe he had two, the second one likely a 1959 car arriving right when my car was finally registered).

I'm also looking for the original NZ plates for the car (or reproductions) AL 6200. Does anyone know where to get 1958 type NZ plates made up?

My car is now looked after by CKL and I am planning to race some select races in Europe in 2021.
    All best, Simon

Name:  DSC_6453-web.jpeg
Views: 553
Size:  111.9 KB
    Last edited by OctaneSimon; 12-16-2020 at 12:49 AM.

Just came across this old picture taken in Auckland in 1975. I'm with my ex Archibald XK120, and with with me is then Auckland JDC President, Alex Bright with his E-Type.Name:  XK120 660864zm with Alex Bright 1975.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  182.6 KB

Another pic from 1975, outside our student flat in Ranfurly Rd, Epsom, Auckland. I was known to sport a deerstalker hat and a calabash pipe a la Sherlock Holmes...what a twit!
    Name:  XK120 660864 ze Ranfurly Rd, Auckland 1975 a.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  186.0 KB
    Last edited by chrisl; 04-08-2022 at 06:10 PM.

" Just came across this old picture taken in Auckland in 1975. I'm with my ex Archibald XK120, and with with me is then Auckland JDC President, Alex Bright with his E-Type. ".

ChrisL,

turned the photo - and also had a look at the " Carjam " site [ connected to NZTA Motor Registrations - Both Rego plates ;
    " DU6477 " and " DJ5788 " are no longer showing.

Do you know where the XK120 is now ?

Name:  Cars #103 B sml Jaguars Chris XK120 JDC President, Alex Bright E-Type XK120 660864zm 1975 Chris .jpg
Views: 281
Size:  183.2 KB