Thread: "Secret" International Class at Hampton Downs and Taupo

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray Maunder View Post
    Thanks Roger. I wish Tony Quinn all the best with HD but maybe his heart just isn't in this form of motorsport.
    I do too but from some of Mr Quinns past ramblings he's made it known that he doesn't have much interest in "Old car racing at the hobby level" as that's not were the money is(I agree with that) he has left this event up to his managers(one has just going on holiday for 2 weeks) to run but until several weeks ago they appeared to not even know about Historic Muscle Cars and even left Historic Sports Sedans of the list? last week their PR person phoned asking if HMC had ever raced at the festival before, Duh! and seemed unconcerned about the Aussies guys coming over as if a non-event. He's even charging them storage in the pit garages between events, that's gotta be good PR you think........NOT. The incompetence level and last minute running around has left me disgusted and to the point that we are now promoting the Tasman Revival as our premier meeting, and come what may the following.

I did earlier on express my interest in helping with the promotional side of HMC/HSC as I've done in the past(I do it for FREE, Duh again), getting our legends along and anyone else involved in helping promote this historic event, it required posting out free tickets as after all these people are what helps make these festival tick but told under no circumstance will even ONE single person get a free ticket and EVERYONE must pay so I shrugged my shoulders and went F-it, i'll just turn up and be another racer like everyone else so stuff-em.
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 12-22-2016 at 06:29 AM.