The thought of a bunch of Cosworth DFVs and the odd V12 mixing it with the rowdy F5000s gets my juices flowing but I can't find anything better than a sports cafe blog that dates back to June or a Taupo generated story that's low on specifics. At this rate I'll be making my plans to be elsewhere if Tony Quinn, Chris Roberts or someone can't enlighten the historic fans in advance that it won't be just another season.

Considering we're only a few weeks out from the first of the NFOMR weekends I'm dismayed at the lack of buildup. Main points that are known - Kenny is this year's featured driver and - TADARRRR - there will be a class for historic F1s which will/may be included with the F5000s. Why the shyness? I'm not directly involved in the historic club, HD or Taupo racetracks so I don't get the inside line but what the.....??? Am I missing something??? Are the expectations of a big bunch of old F1 cars that was hinted to me by a reputable source back in winter grinding to an embarrassing letdown of a few cars doing demos or being parked on display? Word of an M26 McLaren, sorry that isn't good enough.

Seems a shame that 2017 marks 50 years since Denny Hulme pulled off the unbelievable for himself, Jack and New Zealand and there is no fanfare of big things for our premiere historic events of the calendar.

Someone - please?