Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Subjects Wanted For New Ford And Holden Books

Subjects Wanted For New Ford And Holden Books

Folks, I recently started working on a couple of new books, which will be released in late 2017. One is called: 'Ford - A Kiwi Passion'. The other: 'Holden - A Kiwi Passion'.

Both books focus on Australian Fords and Holdens in New Zealand, and were brought about because of the discontinuation of Falcon and Commodore production.

What I'm looking for are subjects to include in each book. I'm looking for both road and race cars of interest, both new and old. Everything from very early vehicle right through to modern stuff. Just needs to be Ford or Holden Australia/New Zealand made. I'm after both New Zealand and Australian assembled vehicles.

I also want to include Ford and Holden collections, including car/truck, and automobilia.

Does anyone have an interesting collection of Ford and/or Holden related model cars? What about dealership brochures? I'm also after old magazine features, both road and race, and magazine cover photos. Also want old magazine adverts.

Anything else of interest would be appreciated.

If you can help, or get me a good lead, I'd love to hear from you. Please email me at: theroaringseason@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Good luck Steve! I have posted some Holden and Ford pix on here as you well know.

Thanks Ray, much appreciated. I will be in touch.

Would you like some good photos of a Turbo 6 Brock Special?

I also have some of a Brock-modded Statesman. These pics were taken for (and some used) in magazine articles.

There's also one or two of the AWD Commodore ute (Crewman, I think), I think it was called the 'Avalanche'.
    Last edited by Ray Bell; 12-21-2016 at 10:49 PM.

Actually, I have a lot more than that...

Holden Brougham, HK GTS307, Cortina 220 (plus some GT500 shots), XP Falcon, HD Premier, HZ Premier plus some HZ ute resto pics, Falcon XD, Torana A9X, Holden FJ panel van, Mk 2 Zephyrs and Zodiacs. Odd other pics, but these are dozens of pics of each model from all angles for magazine articles.

Oh, yeah, that Brock Statesman was called a Magnum. I don't have many of it.

Hi Ray, those sound amazing! Would it be possible to get copies for the book?

Of course, Steve, I did my stories and Australian Classic Car used what they wanted to use some time ago...

Send me an e.mail and we can work out what to do.

Samples, but not of the quality of the bulk of the pics:

Thanks so much Ray, I really appreciate that. Will be in touch.

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell View Post
    Actually, I have a lot more than that...

Holden Brougham, HK GTS307, Cortina 220 (plus some GT500 shots), XP Falcon, HD Premier, HZ Premier plus some HZ ute resto pics, Falcon XD, Torana A9X, Holden FJ panel van, Mk 2 Zephyrs and Zodiacs. Odd other pics, but these are dozens of pics of each model from all angles for magazine articles.

Oh, yeah, that Brock Statesman was called a Magnum. I don't have many of it.
    Didn't he do a special Hyundai or something similar at one point as well Ray?

I believe he did something like that...

But I never knew anything about that.

World Champion
    Sorry to veer a bit, however, it was the Lada Samara. but he also built a one off Opel Monza with a 308.

Name:  lada-samara-embed.jpg
Views: 934
Size:  120.2 KB

Name:  Brocknmonza_m_m.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  48.6 KB

Name:  brock-maverick.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  138.6 KB

I know the current owner of the HDT Monza and it still has the same number plates. The last time I spoke to him the car was going up for sale but I don't think it has sold yet.

Steve if you want to speak to the HDT Monza owner for your book let me know.
    Last edited by Mark Fiddyment; 01-07-2017 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Fiddyment View Post
    I know the current owner of the HDT Monza and it still has the same number plates. The last time I spoke to him the car was going up for sale but I don't think it has sold yet.

Steve if you want to speak to the HDT Monza owner for your book let me know.
    Hi Mark, thank you for the offer. Would love to include the car, but the publishers are focusing on this being more of a Kiwi book.

Folks, I'm still looking for cars to feature in this book. Can anyone help? I need anything that is New Zealand assembled, big or small, expensive or cheap. I'm trying to get a broad range.

Also, NZ assembled vans etc, utes, pick-ups, commercial vehicles.

Also want race cars, custom cars, street machines, hot rods etc. These don't need to be NZ assembled, just need to be Ford or Holden.

Steve try talking to someone in the Ambulance Service as for a while they used CF Bedford vans with a Holden 202 motor. Maybe a little out in left field but a thought.
    Allan

Thanks Allan, great idea!

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    Steve try talking to someone in the Ambulance Service as for a while they used CF Bedford vans with a Holden 202 motor. Maybe a little out in left field but a thought.
    Allan
    ALSO Ford F150 Ambos, Ford F series truck chassis for Aviation Fire services at ChCh, Deep Freeze operations (317 ci). Stretched Falcon wagons for Funeral Homes etc.

World Champion
    Does anyone have good information on this Holden concept car from 1969. It certainly was a fine looking machine.
    The Holden "Hurricane."
    Name:  1969-Holden-Hurricane-_2_.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  95.5 KB

Name:  1969_Holden_HurricaneConcept4.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  99.8 KB

Name:  1969 Holden_Hurricane_motorshow.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  96.4 KB

Name:  1969 holden-hurricane-concept-1969.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  87.2 KB

(Ken Hyndman )

There should be plenty of info about, Ken. It was only restored relatively recently and featured in all the major Oz motor magazines at that time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iezc14zdYCM

http://www.caradvice.com.au/142208/1...t-concept-car/

Folks, I'm still looking to get material for these two book projects. Does anyone have old personal photos for Fords or Holdens they themselves owned/own? Anything and everything is of interest. Its the cars that were common as part of New Zealand motoring heritage that I'm after.

Am also after old NZ street scenes right through to the 1980s in which Fords and Holdens appear.

I don't care about photo quality.

Here are a couple of neat examples from a couple of people so far.

Name:  16684255_1817367318530789_1136883926415961101_n.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  41.4 KB

Name:  16806996_10206672697655958_8873815695311774053_n.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  131.8 KB

Name:  16602864_585960304933219_2743155378512013010_n.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  49.7 KB

Name:  16649163_10155439932236686_8816718484267855648_n.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  84.9 KB