Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell View Post
Ellis, that one's LHD by the look of it...

What is its entered engine capacity?
It was a 1300 Giulietta Sprint. Gorgeous little car but Cazzarro was a mad driver (he later rolled the ex-Mildren Sandown-winning Giulia TI Super at the hairpin at Symmons Plains). Coming back from Longford in the Giulietta (probably same year as in the above pics) he decided to pass a long line of us in bumper-to-bumper traffic on the laughably-called 'highway' on his way back to Deloraine. When it looked like he was about to smash head-on into the oncoming traffic someone opened up a gap. Much tooting ensued.

Early in 1975 (I think) his panelbeating business in Deloraine closed down and was sold up. I was one of about three people at the auction but didn't bid on either the TI Super (in rolled condition - a bit of a mess) or the Giulietta. I've regretted chickening out ever since. Neither car attracted a bid. I'm told the Giulietta Sprint eventually found its way down to a used car yard in Hobart where it sat forlornly for quite some time, and sold for around a grand. It was, after all, LHD.

Geoff