Thread: Pukekohe (and other) Race Programmes

Pukekohe (and other) Race Programmes

There is a great website for programme covers, world wide, run by Malcolm Mitchell, which is an invaluable reference source, but there are many gaps.

Can I please ask that anyone who can supply scans of missing programme covers will perform an invaluable service.

Check out the Pukekohe page which is the one where I certainly need gaps filling, particulary the 1980's.

http://www.progcovers.com/motor/pukekohe.html

Send scans with the date of the meeting, if it doesn't show it on the cover. Club and International events are equally important to me. I just wish there was a website that had scans of the actual entry lists, but that is a lot to ask.

Send scans to:

malcolm.mitchell1@googlemail.com

winfield race meeting pukekohe 12 march 1972

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    There is a great website for programme covers, world wide, run by Malcolm Mitchell, which is an invaluable reference source, but there are many gaps.

Can I please ask that anyone who can supply scans of missing programme covers will perform an invaluable service.

Check out the Pukekohe page which is the one where I certainly need gaps filling, particulary the 1980's.

http://www.progcovers.com/motor/pukekohe.html

Send scans with the date of the meeting, if it doesn't show it on the cover. Club and International events are equally important to me. I just wish there was a website that had scans of the actual entry lists, but that is a lot to ask.

Send scans to:

malcolm.mitchell1@googlemail.com

hi ,would love a scan of the entries for the winfield race meeting at pukekohe dated 12 march 1972 if that were possible

This is the list of entries at the March 12, 1972 meeting at Pukekohe. If you want a particular race from that day let me know.

Name:  img356(2).jpg
Views: 124
Size:  175.0 KB

Pukekohe Programmes.

ERC, thanks for the link,
    Have a few from the period 1963 to 1966, that I can see will fill some gaps. Rothmans and Dunlop meetings mainly so ACC and NSCC National Meetings at Pukekohe.
    Interesting that for the Dunlop Meetings they used the same cover image - 3 racings cars in a wreath from 1963 into the 1970's.

Like this one from Ken H archives.

Name:  Pukekohe 1972 #072 Dunlop Meeting Sun 9 Apr 1972 Programme Cover TRS arch Ken Hyndman.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  150.4 KB

I have a stack of old programmes, obviously pre 1983 from the UK, but what fascinates me is the one off cars that we have never heard of since.

I scanned the entries from every race from prewar Donington onwards and one day I may add Hillclimbs and then maybe NZ programmes. Some of the scans were secretarial copies so non-starters are ruled out.

This is the link
    https://www.monza.org.nz/UK_entries/entries_01.htm:

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    I have a stack of old programmes, obviously pre 1983 from the UK, but what fascinates me is the one off cars that we have never heard of since.

I scanned the entries from every race from prewar Donington onwards and one day I may add Hillclimbs and then maybe NZ programmes. Some of the scans were secretarial copies so non-starters are ruled out.

This is the link
    https://www.monza.org.nz/UK_entries/entries_01.htm:
    pretty cool stuff, i must have nearly 1000 new zealand motorcycle racing programmes now, only really started actively collecting about three years ago. I had a few, maybe 100 and started writing a book on nz motorcycle racing circuits. When i started that i would visit a lot of people but try not to take programmes away, i didn't want to put anyone on a spot as often they might have had someone else in mond that had expressed an interest in the,
    It wasn't until i'd brought a massive collection of photos that i actually needed then to identify riders etc.
    It's interesting that next to no one is collecting what I do, ity's an easy thing to do, cheap etc.
    Dunno where my stuff will go when i'm gone, worries me a bit in reality..
    I use my programmes every day too, for myself or other identification purposes too
    Last edited by jellywrestler; 03-12-2024 at 09:19 AM.

thanks milan ,,a great help regards mac