Quote Originally Posted by Neville Milne View Post
Steve, I'm not convinced that ally rads ARE the be all and end all of cooling syst problems. They LOOK good and probably are a tad lighter, but is that weight saving all that important in most cars?....I doubt it !!. My own experience with a well-worked SB Ford in a Sunbeam Tiger has been that a well-designed copper matrixed rad. is quite effective........part inspired by the owner of a rad. shop who advised me that he could build OR supply an ally unit, OR, recore my existing unit with a modern and well designed copper core. Pricing was somewhat similar in all cases. I went for the copper recore and was very glad I did. I have never had heating problems and the unit LOOKS rock stock
Hi Neville, thanks so much, thats an awesome post! The copper/brass radiator is definitely a little heavier, but without having an alloy piece to compare I couldn't say how much heavier it is. But I totally agree with you, the copper/brass item should work just fine. Its what many teams still used in period, and their races were several hours long. Plus, it looks correct in the engine bay.