Thread: Goodwood Festival of Speed 2017

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2017

Is anyone going?

Last minute decision to head to the UK initiated by my wife (international dance competition in Blackpool, May 23rd...) so it looks as though I might manage a day at Goodwood, end June. However, although a ticket for Thursday is a not unreasonable £34, the courier charge (no other option) is a whopping £25.

I have sent them an email asking why they can't in this day and age, manage an electronic ticket. If Leadfoot can do it, as can most other International events, why can't they? They already barcode scan your paper ticket every time you go in and out of the venue, so they must have the technology.

As they obviously won't change in a hurry, if anyone else is going, maybe we can put in a group ticket order? Tickets sell out quickly, so I don't want to be caught out again as in April 2016, it was too late to get a Saturday ticket for the Revival.

Send me a PM if you intend going and haven't yet got your tickets.

Thursday may not be an overly exciting day in terms of competition, but it does include all grandstands and knowing the UK weather and it won't be as crowded...

Whilst over there, I hope to pull in at least one other event, but not sure what as yet. As end May will be the 40th anniversary of the reopening of Donington and end May used to be the Ferrari/Bugatti Prescott Hillclimb, plus possibly the classic meeting at Silverstone, we may be a bit spoilt for choice.

I'll be over there working in F1 Paddock.

Thursday is Moving Motor Show day - no "race" action on the hill, just public driving roadcars. A lot of the race cars are also still being delivered. Friday is probably the best day for spectating - not too crowded, but usually just a warm up. The "star" drivers don't usually appear until Saturday or more often than not Sunday.

Well worth going to if you get the chance

Thanks Mogman. May yet change our minds and just do Friday. UK travel plans are still very flexible at this stage.

Thanks for the PM's too. I have been to two previous Festivals and the static cars off the track and the various stalls are worth the visit, but take your point, that stuff is still arriving Thursday.