Thread: Race programme - essential info

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Race programme - essential info

Since we have had an on-line entry system now for several years, plus AMB transponders, then all driver/car info should be spot on, but those who have seen the raw data from the entry system will know only too well, that there are 100's of errors of various sorts, ranging from incorrect spellings to wildy incorrect cc, figures. (719.6 cc Chev anyone? 11,999cc Porsche?) This is driver input!

What I am interested in is what data is considered essential in the race programme's entry list and also the AMB results?

This last weekend has highlighted several areas that are extremely frustrating, not-withstanding any late entries, which are the bane of any race organiser's life.

What I consider important, others may not, but not only was there no cc rating in the programme, but overseas drivers weren't identified either. For example, this may not be an issue for most, but when adding to my databases, I have always coded a driver initially, by country (U=UK, N=NZ, A=Australia etc.).

Whilst we know that Greg Thornton, Robs Lamplough, the Lyons family etc, are from the UK, many of those here for the first time, are more difficult.

Sure, I may be making life difficult for myself, but how about everyone else? What do you/don't you need in the entry list?

What about the AMB on line results system? They tend to put driver names - but no car! Not much use if you are not at the event.
    Last edited by ERC; 01-26-2017 at 08:17 AM.