Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
Which could well be the subject of some considerable discussion John!

At organiser level, there has to be an on-going dialogue before the event with convenors, when there are specific series groups running. HRC always manage it well, TACCOC even better.

Hopefully, someone from HD is following this thread.
The Directors of HMC and HSC intend to review the past season when we have a meeting at the end of this season, the feeling is we need to stick to more "Classic and Historic" theme events and were the event organizers look after these groups and have less concern about the "imaginary spectators" they think they will get.

My fact finding mission to Taupo Saturday was very positive and that event had a lot of feel good, not racing I got to talk with many, including one past Festival vender that wasn't at Hampton the previous week and he was pretty peeved(cost he said). I believe if event organizers are going to turn Classic and Historic themed meetings into more main stream tier 1 or 2 events with non-themed race series classes we will be gone, after all there are plenty of other meetings every summer for our type of classic and historic vehicles. Anyway, these are just thoughts but have come about due to our poor treatment at the Festival, especially the pit garaging situation.