Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Race programme - essential info

All relevant Dale. No worries. Certainly not a hijack.

Contact with HD has not been the best and most emails seem to go unanswered. I'm still waiting for the 4 Kenny Smith tickets I ordered... NZ Post or HD? Who knows, but tickets weren't even available to collect the weekend before. Chris always had them available at the early January Taupo meeting. Trying to get your series officials in doesn't seem to be as easy either, unless someone gifts them a driver allocated ticket, so no easy access for the car carrying the printer and computer.

There has up until now, been a huge and growing mutual respect and suppport between race officials, including all MSNZ Stewards, promoters, clubs, circuit owners, series co-ordinators and their drivers. Everyone has been pulling together for the mutual benefit of the Classic/Historic area of the sport. It only takes one sector to be out of kilter for the wheels to fall off.
    Last edited by ERC; 01-30-2017 at 07:18 AM.

For a slightly different angle on this theme-
    Historic Racing Club have extended an invitation to call the Taupo April 8,9 meeting -The Barry Algie Memorial Meeting.
    This is a one off named meeting celebrating our little buddy and so may other innovative NZers that did it their way.
    Historic Sports Sedans will be the theme , Kawasaki Mach 3s will be honoured and Sunday can be Blue Dust Coat Day
    If we cant have some fun, whats the point
    Certainly hope all classes invited there are filled with period correct cars.
    We do have our own themes to celebrate whenever TACCOC and HRC run us, and all it takes is discussions with coordinators.

JAFA-My point is also that we simply have so much of our own history to be proud of instead of being modest and thinking that only overseas countries are worth celebrating.

Nigel-Historics is where our group is and we want to keep our cars safe and HD circuits get the nod over current Pukekohe track any day.-especially with your pix
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 01-30-2017 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post

JAFA-My point is also that we simply have so much of our own history to be proud of instead of being modest and thinking that only overseas countries are worth celebrating.
    I couldn't agree more John, very well said.