Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Anglias

Hi Amerikiwi some pics of my rear set up 105 springs straightned with links etc
    Attached Images Attached Images      

sorry about scale

Thanks mate, very much appreciated. As part of the build, I'm considering changing mine from LHD to RHD so I'm not sitting directly above the exhaust heat plus with my local tracks being clockwise should have a slight handling advantage. Also will be running on E85 ethanol so that should be fun sorting out!

Re the exhaust, they do get warm sometimes. My little car (post#37) had 2ltr so ran down right side. Not comfortable during hot days, but a real bonus at Taupo winter series and on colder days.

Semi-Pro Racer
    While looking for something else I came across this photo.
    Thames Valley Car Club, Quine Rd Hillclimb, 10-Jul-99.
    Not sure who the driver is.
    Name:  TVCC-10-7-99.jpg
Views: 1038
Size:  149.2 KB

some Anglias from other threads including Trevor Eves breadvan before and after built by john Miles later wrecked

Journeyman Racer
    Nobody has yet mentioned Dick Butters from Tawa or Terry Huxford driving Anglia's in Wellington, from memory both 1200cc. Both were very handy behind the wheel.

Thanks El Coyote & 45 DCOE awesome 100/105e chev hybrid whats the story with this please

Quote Originally Posted by 105angria View Post
    Thanks El Coyote & 45 DCOE awesome 100/105e chev hybrid whats the story with this please
    Name:  PalmerHead 001.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  50.2 KB

Original built by Alex Wilson in Wellington think 1966 who kindly provided the images. 105E front guards on 100E 2 door body. Have asked Alex to join forum, he has a lot of knowledge of who raced Anglia's in the Wellington area. Hopefully he will elaborate on what the original build was. The fastback on the trailer is I believe Gary Huxford's and there are a few images on this forum racing at Levin of this car. Should close a few holes on the history of this fastback. Alex says Gary shared the car with brother Terry.
    Last edited by 45DCOE; 01-18-2012 at 07:27 AM.

Journeyman Racer

Quote Originally Posted by 45DCOE View Post
    Name:  PalmerHead 001.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  50.2 KB

Original built by Alex Wilson in Wellington think 1966 who kindly provided the images. 105E front guards on 100E 2 door body. Have asked Alex to join forum, he has a lot of knowledge of who raced Anglia's in the Wellington area. Hopefully he will elaborate on what the original build was. The fastback on the trailer is I believe Gary Huxford's and there are a few images on this forum racing at Levin of this car. Should close a few holes on the history of this fastback. Alex says Gary shared the car with brother Terry.
    Thanks for that Steve, I believe Gary shared with Robin Smith at times but Terry was not half bad himself in his own Anglia. Must have been something in the Huxford watercooler.

Re Alex's car, the original motor was a 265 (Not too bad Mr McKinney)and was then fitted with a 327 during the off season ,but before it was raced they changed the rules so the motor went into a powerboat to contest the Wellington harbour race. It sported a Jag gearbox and diff in a deal with Dannie Lupp.

The first ever run up Palmer Head saw the bonnet part company wth car. Alex was a very competent competitor in this vehicle as he later was in a kart and a hell of a nice guy.

Hey 105 anglia, you're a guy with considerable roaring season skills, how do I copy a photo from one thread to another, there's a picture of Neil Doyle in the breadvan thread that I'd like to put on my thread. Thanks a lot.

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by fastback55 View Post
    Hey 105 anglia, you're a guy with considerable roaring season skills, how do I copy a photo from one thread to another, there's a picture of Neil Doyle in the breadvan thread that I'd like to put on my thread. Thanks a lot.
    Probably the easiest way is to lift it on to your desktop and reupload

Thanks for that, I'll give it a go.

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by fastback55 View Post
    Thanks for that, I'll give it a go.
    just click on the image and drag it over

which post would you like brought over Fastback ,

I did it last night as per bry3500's instructions thanks. I'm learning new skills computer wise all the time on this site. I've got quite a few slides I'm cleaning and scanning that may be helpful to some people, I struggle to get them down to the size to fit here, but more practise and I'll get there. Thanks for your help.

Wazzas Anglia sports sedan i beleve runs hillclimbs etc

World Champion
    Hi I just found this on Flickr can someone identify it and give some history?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/111emergency/6111749668/

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by seaqnmac27 View Post
    Hi I just found this on Flickr can someone identify it and give some history?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/111emergency/6111749668/
    Kayne Thompson V8 "Brutal" middish mounted 5.7-litre Chev V8, body made up of 2 two Anglias (1955 ,62) , Triumph 2000

Semi-Pro Racer
    About when would be talking, Bry?