Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Anglias

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by David McKinney View Post
    About when would be talking, Bry?
    Hi David , I was talking to 105Angria on the telephone today about this...Stabbing in the dark a bit here but I think it is a recent replica of the car in post #128, I can't find any reference to it before 2006. Maybe someone else can come forward with some details.

Semi-Pro Racer
    I was just worried that my memory might be worse than I thought it was. I left Wellington in 1985...

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by David McKinney View Post
    I was just worried that my memory might be worse than I thought it was. I left Wellington in 1985...
    From what I can gather, your memory appears to be working just fine..

Might bring some insight in to racing Anglia specs and performance in there dayName:  Dave_Jurie_web.jpg
Views: 1286
Size:  52.1 KB

wow 100hp what publication is this from ,thanks45dcoe

Semi-Pro Racer
    carlo has a pic of his Anglia Van now, he may even post it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 45DCOE View Post
    Might bring some insight in to racing Anglia specs and performance in there dayName:  Dave_Jurie_web.jpg
Views: 1286
Size:  52.1 KB
    Article from old Motorman, have another road test for Jack Nazer Anglia that I will post.

With all respect to Fastback would love to see this version recreated. ,what happended to the Sprague car ?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Bob Homewood Hillclimbing

Does anybody know the history of the original orange/white Franvevic Anglia ? Read somewhere if was povided by a " kind benefactor".
    Was this the ex Ivan Segedin car ? Think his last Anglia prior to the Custaxie was built from the remains of Jack Nazers flying saucer

Semi-Pro Racer
    Yes, it was the ex-Segedin car and owned, I believe, by Warren Reid (who also raced it)

Not sure who owned the yellow Nazer car at the time RJF was racing it at the end of the 1966 season

Here's a bad photo of it at the "wrong way" Pukekohe meeting

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerikiwi View Post
    Thanks mate, very much appreciated. As part of the build, I'm considering changing mine from LHD to RHD so I'm not sitting directly above the exhaust heat plus with my local tracks being clockwise should have a slight handling advantage. Also will be running on E85 ethanol so that should be fun sorting out!
    E85 ethanol - You really expect us to believe that you're going to run the car on that!
    Just because you've been drinking it for years doesn't mean that it's good for a Ford.

Remember the night you drank 12 stubbies of E85, farted and woke up in Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by RUSS CUNNINGHAM View Post
    E85 ethanol - You really expect us to believe that you're going to run the car on that!
    Just because you've been drinking it for years doesn't mean that it's good for a Ford.

Remember the night you drank 12 stubbies of E85, farted and woke up in Montana.
    Drinking ethanol? Now that's a bit "corny" Russ!

Here are a couple of pics of my LHD Anglia (as found in the woods) in my workshop (still being renovated), as you can see a bit of paint on the floor makes a big difference. The spade leaning on the car is for removing the occasional visiting snakes, I carry them outside and let them go, they are great for keeping the rats and mice under control....
    Steve suggested I should start a thread for the build of the Anglia but there probably won't be much activity until the winter as I am trying to kickstart my business here in Virginia again after being out of action for the last couple of years following my accident. So I'll stay on this thread for now.
    You might also notice that I changed my username from Amerikiwi to my own name, perhaps some of you will remember me from past years downunder.
    And thanks Steve for helping with the name change and resizing the photos!

Russ please try to remember there are gentlemen on this entertainment as well{farted how corse}

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jim short View Post
    Russ please try to remember there are gentlemen on this entertainment as well{farted how corse}
    Thanks Jum,

Pointed noted! Who are the gentlemen you are referring to! Surely not Grant Ellwood ?

Our cat's never been the same since Grant last visited.

The neighbour's daughter has run away from home as well! Clever girl! took her cat with her.

What was the symptons that youre cat was showing?

Horsepower,, Bob may correct me but didnt Geofs Anglia read over 150 on the dyno I have the printout some safe place

154 @7500 from memory Jim that was on a superflow Dyno

Yes the ultimate 150 from a one and a half Lt. just a pity the rest of the car coudnt take it ,when he beat Grants Mustang to win the pre 65 at Manfeild the body cried eneough over the diff???