Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diecast Collections?

Diecast Collections?

well, with threads on slot cars... what about diecast cars?
    Anyone else (rhetorical question Im sure) collect 1:18 or 1:43 model cars?

One of my latest is this Exoto Ford GT40 raced by Hulme and Ruby at Le mans in 67..

Its getting so bad Im actually having to sell some of the older models on Trademe to make space nowadays..
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Wow cool looking model

World Champion
    It certainly is. I bought mine from a shop in Newmarket but I can't remember it's name......gone now. But everything works on this model...steering, doors, bonnet and engine bay etc, and it so HEAVY. The detail is exquisite. Also have the Autoart 1/18 versions of the Jaguar C and D types. I think from memory that all these cost in the region of $350 each....and this is 15 years ago, so weren't cheap. The thing with models like these is that they have to be kept behind glass or the dusting of them becomes a problem....does in our house anyway. I'm afraid I'm not one to keep them in their original boxes, although I do keep the containers. Remember that outfit in England, 'Mint and Boxed'.....something dodgy went on there as it self destructed some years ago.

Yes I also have a collection of about 20 of the 1/18 scale models. These are mainly of the older Australian saloon cars from the days of yore. Unfortunately they are now packed away in their boxes as I have run out of room to dispaly them. Had a few of them in my office and they always drew positive comments.

Models! Now we're talking. Have a very large collection of models primarily in 1:43 scale covering a wide variety of subjects. In fact given the prices and release rates these days I am trying to restrict myself to certain main themes. One of which, naturally is NZ related models.

Some examples

C. McRae 1994 Rally NZ Impreza

Rally NZ winning Peugeots

The most famous non winning entrant in Rally NZ history.

The Rat

The Kiwi Assault Le Mans 1996

M7A by RBA

Plenty more where these came from.

Cheers
    Lee

My kind of discussion!

I have a relatively extensive collection, my main focus is on Japanese sports saloons and coupes from the 60's - 80's. However I do have a smattering of others, inclusive of some 1:18 Group 5 BMW 320i's, Lancia 037's in rally trim, some road BMW's... basically if it's a 60's - 80's tintop I'm likely to have an interest in it.

Scales include a selection of 1:64 Konami (Japanese brand) highly detailed Japanese car range, a bunch of 1:43 Alfa's which were purchased before I shifted my focus to 1:18, with the bulk being 1:18 Autoart, Kyosho and Minichamps branded items. Latest addition was a series 1 Mazda RX7 road car, the next is likely to be a TA22 Celica road car.

faminz - that GT40 is stunning, Exoto do some fantastic stuff at prices that are generally above my budget/justification.

I suggest model collectors get ready to eat a lot of 2 minute noodles this year.

I have just seen Spark Models planned release schedule for 2012. How about
    M2Bs Monaco and Britain
    MA7s ROC (Bruce) US (Denny)
    BT20 Monaco (Denny)
    BT24 Germany (Denny)
    M6GT
    McLaren #47 1964 (Bruce)
    #5 Nassau 64
    #4 Can Am 66
    March 707 Can Am 70 Chris
    T70 BOAC 500 67 Hulme Brabham
    Ensign N176 Belgium 76 Chris

Despite however adding such no names as Marko and Migault to their BRM line ups there is still no room for Howden

Cheers
    Lee

Hi Lee & fellow collectors,

Lee I know you're a big fan of the Spark brand of 1:43rd resin models. Well you may like to know that your model collecting has just become a little cheaper! SPR Limited - the NZ importer & distributor of Spark, Bizarre & TrueScale models - has just launched a new online store.

Check out the Sponsors News Forum of this site, or visit www.spr-models.co.nz

Cheers,
    John

Those members who collect might also be interested in these two reviews of the new Minichamps 66 Le Mans winner
    http://www.diecast.org/diecast98/htm...27&start=97527
    http://www.diecast.org/diecast98/htm...02&start=96802
    Looks like it is the best so far.

Cheers
    Lee

Semi-Pro Racer
    I hope I am not regarded as a sick person as I have about $3,000 worth of Fiats and Ferrari's. The Fiats outnumber the Ferrari's about 4 to 1. Most are 1/43 because they take up less space than those fantastic 1/18 th models.

Weekend Warrior
    Models ? Nah, what a waste, oops hang on,

World Champion
    Exoto Chapparals

World Champion
    Ford GT40 Mk IV - M. Andretti/Bianchi- Le Mans

Semi-Pro Racer
    Found this one on the web......Nuthin like full size models

McLaren / Amon - Ford Mk2 - Le Mans Winner 1966

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Tracey View Post
    Those members who collect might also be interested in these two reviews of the new Minichamps 66 Le Mans winner
    http://www.diecast.org/diecast98/htm...27&start=97527
    http://www.diecast.org/diecast98/htm...02&start=96802
    Looks like it is the best so far.

Cheers
    Lee
    Interesting comparisons on the McLaren/Amon Le Mans Winner. I'm looking forward to seeing the 1:43 Spark version that is due at the end of this year. Spark is renowned for their accuracy.

Got about 50 odd from years gone by, not allowed anymore after about 10 years ago.
    Got a GT40 Chassis 1075 won Le Mans 68 & 69 limited edition only 200 made with authenticity card signed by the engineer Phil Remington in ink and all. (was not cheap) kept in a very safe and locked area.

Quote Originally Posted by bry3500 View Post
    Ford GT40 Mk IV - M. Andretti/Bianchi- Le Mans
    Fantastic weathering and damage affect. Did you do this yourself, or was the model purchased like this?
    John

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    Fantastic weathering and damage affect. Did you do this yourself, or was the model purchased like this?
    John
    Purchased like that John

Some photos, I am not the best with camera but give you an idea.

Couple more, the suspension moves, steering, Etc. seats are real leather