Have had the idea of use wooden wine boxes, those with clear perspex tops as a way to display themed parts of my collection.
Had one box with my three McLaren Can-Am cars in it for some time. recently was scouring a junk / collectable shop in Woorim on Bribie Island and came across a box that had contained a Port bottle, price $8.00, just what I was seeking, well, on asking the owner did she have any more and she found me another complete with the empty bottle, price $4.00. recycled the bottle
Perfect ! as they sit on top of my desk, just below the main cabinets
The components, one wine box, one clear cover, one photo, some models, a piece of box plastic as the road base - used for signs and we have.
Name:  Model cabinet - wine box #1 the components IMG_0316 (800x754).jpg
Views: 797
Size:  179.1 KB

the picture, already inserted, a scene with the real cars.
Name:  Model cabinet - wine box #2 Box and photo IMG_0317 (800x447).jpg
Views: 753
Size:  106.1 KB

the road base added [ to be painted grey / charcoal ]
Name:  Model cabinet - wine box #3 box photo and road base IMG_0318 (800x428).jpg
Views: 807
Size:  96.9 KB

The models in place - with clear cover - The Cunningham Corvette's 1960 Le Mans, Spark Models ordered from John SPR Bennoch, thanks John
Name:  Model cabinet - wine box #5 clear cover in placeIMG_0320 (800x440).jpg
Views: 800
Size:  112.7 KB

The other two boxes have yet to finished, have a picture for the McLaren's but haven't cut the road base. picture is under the cars at present.
Name:  Model cabinet - wine box #6 the McLarens IMG_0314 (800x391).jpg
Views: 796
Size:  103.1 KB

The third box, the four dollar one, with 3 Bill Thomas Cheetah's, [ Spark models ]- from Pit Stop models at Palm Beach on the Gold Coast. John SPR Bennoch had sold all of his before I found out, a few years ago was surprised that Mike still had them .
Name:  Model cabinet - wine box #7 The Cheetahs IMG_0315 (800x355).jpg
Views: 787
Size:  86.8 KB

Just need a scene to go with the Cheetah's have been scouring my books but will have to go to the WWW I think.
May also add some details like tools to enhance the displays.

" Jack Daniels " came out with a bottle in a box a while ago, would be ideal for those who follow the Kelly Boys in V8 Supercars with either Holden's from a few seasons ago of their Nissan's from more recently. Don't drink Bourbon or Kentucky Whiskey much so missed out.
Anyway an idea for display that is cheap, just have to do more scouring