Thread: Diecast Collections?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My collection is mainly 60's - 70's single seaters, Austin-Healeys, BMC Rally cars and a few odd models that interested me. Not a huge collection, but it has been fun discovering them, especially if they have some age. Some restoration has been attempted also in a few cases when spare parts have been available.

Name:  Model-Collection.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  148.0 KB

Ross great stuff ; Have two 1/18 big Healey's a duotone 100/6 and a tri-carb 3000 in red, in another cabinet - not pictured ;
    The Cunningham 2 nd row down - what makes is it ??
    I have a Brumm one which I have John B sourcing me a Spark version with more detail. Have 17 of Cunningham Team cars which include Cadillacs Jaguars Corvette's and his own cars [ 7 of them ] see the bootom 3 rows of my American cabinet.

Its a Hotwheels - not 1/43 though. There are a few for sale on TradeMe at the moment, but make sure you get the white one as I have seen them in different colours.

I don't really stick to one scale - just whatever takes my fancy and isn't a stupid price. I've found some really strange Formula cars made in Hong Kong and NZ from the sixties that remind me of some of the garbage stuff that used to come into NZ those days. Chinese models of today are far better built even if they are ripoffs.

Name:  Cunningham.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  178.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BMCBOY View Post

Its a Hotwheels - not 1/43 though. There are a few for sale on TradeMe at the moment, but make sure you get the white one as I have seen them in different colours.

I don't really stick to one scale - just whatever takes my fancy and isn't a stupid price. I've found some really strange Formula cars made in Hong Kong and NZ from the sixties that remind me of some of the garbage stuff that used to come into NZ those days. Chinese models of today are far better built even if they are ripoffs.
    Good selection of models BMCBOY. The Briggs Cunningham white/blue colour scheme looked great on all of his cars (especially the Cunninghams, Cadillacs, and Jaguars), but my favourite was the 1960 Le Mans Corvettes. These four are all 1:43rd scale ...

Name:  Corvette_LeMans_1960.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  102.5 KB

Which of the Chinese brands do you think are a rip-off?
    Last edited by John B; 09-13-2015 at 01:17 PM.

[QUOTE=John B;48523]Good selection of models BMCBOY. The Briggs Cunningham white/blue colour scheme looked great on all of his cars (especially the Cunninghams, Cadillacs, and Jaguars), but my favourite was the 1960 Le Mans Corvettes. These four are all 1:43rd scale ...

JB, bought those from you great,

Name:  Models - American  #2,  Cunningham's Corvette's & Camoradi 163 (3).jpg
Views: 542
Size:  183.7 KB

Here they are with few friends - Grand Sports Corvettes

[QUOTE=John B;48523]Good selection of models BMCBOY. The Briggs Cunningham white/blue colour scheme looked great on all of his cars (especially the Cunninghams, Cadillacs, and Jaguars), but my favourite was the 1960 Le Mans Corvettes. These four are all 1:43rd scale ...

Here they are getting ready for Le Mans

Name:  Cunningham Corvette's Le mans 1960 #2. bk05 (2).jpg
Views: 673
Size:  34.1 KB

Ross, thanks, have the Hotwheels one which is around 1;76 scale - sits in a box of other models, Cadbury Truck set and others.