Thread: Diecast Collections?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My kind of discussion!

I have a relatively extensive collection, my main focus is on Japanese sports saloons and coupes from the 60's - 80's. However I do have a smattering of others, inclusive of some 1:18 Group 5 BMW 320i's, Lancia 037's in rally trim, some road BMW's... basically if it's a 60's - 80's tintop I'm likely to have an interest in it.

Scales include a selection of 1:64 Konami (Japanese brand) highly detailed Japanese car range, a bunch of 1:43 Alfa's which were purchased before I shifted my focus to 1:18, with the bulk being 1:18 Autoart, Kyosho and Minichamps branded items. Latest addition was a series 1 Mazda RX7 road car, the next is likely to be a TA22 Celica road car.

faminz - that GT40 is stunning, Exoto do some fantastic stuff at prices that are generally above my budget/justification.

Here's another of my favourites. It is Prost's Renault RE30 or 30B from the 1982 season. These models were commissioned by the factory and encased in a plastic presentation case. There is no model maker markings so they may have been an in house job.
    I got mine from a Renault executive in recognition of work I did for Renault in NZ at the time. Pretty neat model with no damage due to the case. Chris Read-Arrowtown.
    Name:  Prost Renault 001.jpg
Views: 1146
Size:  26.7 KB

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Read View Post
    Here's another of my favourites. It is Prost's Renault RE30 or 30B from the 1982 season. These models were commissioned by the factory and encased in a plastic presentation case. There is no model maker markings so they may have been an in house job.
    I got mine from a Renault executive in recognition of work I did for Renault in NZ at the time. Pretty neat model with no damage due to the case. Chris Read-Arrowtown.
    That is a awesome model you have there !

Weekend Warrior

I had changed my display cabineet around so I took a few more pictures!

Banned
    If I didn't like women as much as I do then I'd probably feel like a perve looking at these magnificient models. Well done chaps.

Nick, I like your work A great selection of models there. I am sure the R32 will be treasured always.

Do you get many questions about the funny blue ones on the second shelf down of the very first photo:? D

Cheers
    Lee

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Tracey View Post
    Nick, I like your work A great selection of models there. I am sure the R32 will be treasured always.

Do you get many questions about the funny blue ones on the second shelf down of the very first photo:? D

Cheers
    Lee
    Hi Lee, thanks the R32 will always be a very treasured one to me. Some of the members on here around in the OSCA days might have met my uncle Jeremy as he had helped dad with the Capri.
    Regarding the funny blue cars, well they are an interest of mine. I have four Subarus that Are real ones an 05 STI WRX a 98 22B
    Which is #339 of 400 and a forester XT turbo which is an 08 and then a 91 Legacy which is in the process of a complete bare shell rebuild. The Models are all Auto art except for the Possum Bourne
    Impreza which is Biante.
    You have an incredible collection of cars. I am still buying cars, I just bought two Marlboro Schumacher
    Ferraris in 1/18 and hope to get all of his championship year 2000 to 2004.
    Last edited by Nick Slade; 09-01-2012 at 03:41 AM.

Where would you like me to start?
    Name:  048-1.jpg
Views: 1389
Size:  64.3 KB
    Name:  049-1.jpg
Views: 1330
Size:  61.3 KB
    Name:  046-1.jpg
Views: 1271
Size:  51.3 KB
    Name:  045-1.jpg
Views: 1232
Size:  58.3 KB
    Name:  044-1.jpg
Views: 1248
Size:  51.0 KB
    Name:  043.jpg
Views: 1191
Size:  51.5 KB

Name:  041-2.jpg
Views: 1234
Size:  59.6 KB
    Name:  053.jpg
Views: 1214
Size:  46.4 KB
    Name:  052.jpg
Views: 1194
Size:  60.3 KB
    Name:  050-1.jpg
Views: 1236
Size:  53.5 KB

Cheers
    Lee

One or two Spark brand in the collection Lee!
    Cheers, John

So what scale is this Chris? Looks a real beauty.

Cheers
    Lee

CHRIS The RENUALT GP CAR was made by the FRENCH MODEL making company NOREV who are of the biggest diecast Manufacturers in the World they do most the commision work for all the French model or toy makers. I have one also but not in the case.