Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Diecast Collections?

well I started this thread so Id better add a few pics..

first is the new Tyrrell 006 by True Scale Miniatures (spot the flaw?)
    Name:  stewart Tyrrell 006.jpg
Views: 2455
Size:  72.8 KB

Then an unusual wee 1/32 DTM Audi TT by Saico
    Name:  audi TT DTM saico.jpg
Views: 1892
Size:  71.3 KB

Then my aussie 1/18 scale cabinet, note the Jim Richards cars on the bottom... I just got the coppins Richards Torana tonight actually!
    Name:  aussie 1-18s.jpg
Views: 2594
Size:  179.9 KB

and then another cabinet, sports cars, rally cars and some F1's mainly 1/18..
    note the 1/18 messerschmitt on the top (yes i collect them too!!! siigh)
    Name:  sports car cabinet.jpg
Views: 1815
Size:  112.4 KB
    Last edited by faminz; 02-07-2013 at 03:38 AM.

As a serious Model Collector mainly 1;43 [ ask John B - have acquired a lot from him over many years ], collection is sports cars and tin tops mainly in race trim, covering Europe UK, Australia and NZ, and USA with a special collection of Briggs Cunningham cars from the 1950 Cadillac's [ Le Monstre and Le Petit Pataud - type 62's ] to his own cars, to Corvette's and Jaguar's and as I have owned a few ; some Austin Healey's MG's and Triumph's [ sports cars ]. not to mention over 50 Corvette's in Road and race trim. yep the thread is one I will follow. PS have the NZ attack on Le Mans Porsche too !! as pictured. must get some photo's on here. cheers

Semi-Pro Racer
    It get's rather expensive, damn quick, once you get the bug. I've had to reign myself in hard - the amount I've spent, I could've got a new Daytona 675R!

Quote Originally Posted by mid-year View Post
    These are my favourites...the beaut model of the original Cobra CSX 2000 as tested before painting in polished aluminium,the interior is a real standout in this one
    Totally agree on this as it is probably my favourite in the whole collection - and have been lucky enough to drive a real one on several occasions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    It get's rather expensive, damn quick, once you get the bug. I've had to reign myself in hard - the amount I've spent, I could've got a new Daytona 675R!
    Too true I have been collecting for a little while now and this is a part of my collection. Although my collecting is not just limited to models as I also have a fair amount of different memorabilia as well.

I also like to tinker a little and make changes to models. I got a whiff that Biante were doing a Jim Richard's Sprint so I thought that I would have a go and make one for myself. It can be seen below in the back of the photo and started life as a road car. I might add a few pics in another post at a later date.

As I mentioned earlier here is my first attempt at modifying a 1:18 model and building up a Jim Richards Sprint.
    From what started life as a nice blue road car

That needed to be stripped out and all body moulds and panels removed

Fitting some other wheels/brakes than standard

Time to fabricate the roll cage and install the seat

Strip off the old paint and get it ready for a coat of jam

Put it back together changing it into a race car and some stickers

Time to show the man himself as I won a ride package in the Porsche at Sandown (which was absolutely fantastic to be in a car with a talented driver)

...and then for the 'promo/poster' shot with the transporter in the background - you might also noticed that I changed from the 350Z wheels and put the mini-lites on which is what the car ran.

Hope that you enjoyed the short version of the build for my first attempt of modifying a model as Jim was more than impressed with the effort and actually said Biante are in the process of getting this model made up to which I said "I know.... ". It is not a perfect build but I am still happy with the outcome.

Cheers
    Sean
    Last edited by ITOW4U; 04-18-2013 at 11:34 PM.

...and you should be happy with the outcome. Great job Sean.

Just received a shipment of Brumm models from Italy, and it includes six Chris Amon F1 Ferraris. They're available online now.
    Cheers, John
    www.spr-model.co.nz

Name:  R172-CH_a.jpg
Views: 1668
Size:  146.3 KB
    Brumm R172-CH : Ferrari 312 #9 Dutch F1 Grand Prix 1968 (Chris Amon - 6th)

Name:  R255-UPD_a.jpg
Views: 1533
Size:  140.1 KB
    Brumm R255-UPD : Ferrari 312 #2 Italian F1 Grand Prix 1967 (Chris Amon - 7th)

Name:  R294-UPD_a.jpg
Views: 2314
Size:  141.3 KB
    Brumm R294-UPD : Ferrari 312 F1 Double wing test Modena 1969 (Chris Amon)
    Last edited by John B; 04-19-2013 at 03:58 AM.

And here are the other three Amon models...

Name:  R301_a.jpg
Views: 1290
Size:  160.0 KB
    R301 : Ferrari 312 #15 Spanish F1 Grand Prix 1969 (Chris Amon)

Name:  R302_a.jpg
Views: 1557
Size:  152.8 KB
    R302 : Ferrari 312 #6 French F1 Grand Prix 1969 (Chris Amon)

Name:  R303_a.jpg
Views: 1437
Size:  160.6 KB
    R303 : Ferrari 312 #11 Monaco F1 Grand Prix 1969 (Chris Amon - 2nd)

Thanks John, currently having a muck around with a 429 Boss Mustang and a special Corvette Racer (kit) for one of my good friends. Havent done a kit in over 20 years I reckon.

Cheers
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by ITOW4U View Post
    Strip off the old paint and get it ready for a coat of jam

Put it back together changing it into a race car and some stickers

Wow, this is amazing! That rollcage is a work of art, must have taken you forever to make?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Wow, this is amazing! That rollcage is a work of art, must have taken you forever to make?
    Not really, just a pair of side cutters and you're away As I have numerous models and quite a few 'double-ups' of some, I decided to pull apart one of the V8Supertaxi's and utilise the roll cage and interior out of that. It just required some careful trimming to retro fit into a 40 year old car.

cheers
    Sean

Weekend Warrior

This is a generic picture of my latest edition to my collection. It is a 1/43rd scale model. It has a significant meaning to me as I have been working for this team on this car, we just clinched the championship for 2013 and won the last six races.

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Yes, amazing work, great Job

Sean, amazing job. Well done, and so much more satisfying for you than owning an "off the shelf" purchase.

I'm small time compared to most here but I do have all the Orange GMP 1:18 M8's raced by McLaren Cars. There are six of them, 2 M8A's (Bruce,Denny), 3 M8B's (Bruce, Denny, and Dan Gurney who raced the spare for a 1-2-3 finish) and a M8D for Dan. Photos coming

There was a time when Dinky Toys were pocket money collectibles. Sadly, although the quality of 1/43 scale models is just stunning, they are now for serious collectors only. Ditto the larger scale models.
    Great work Sean...
    Last edited by ERC; 09-01-2015 at 08:30 AM.

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    ...and you should be happy with the outcome. Great job Sean.
    awesome job

Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    It certainly is. I bought mine from a shop in Newmarket but I can't remember it's name......gone now. But everything works on this model...steering, doors, bonnet and engine bay etc, and it so HEAVY. The detail is exquisite. Also have the Autoart 1/18 versions of the Jaguar C and D types. I think from memory that all these cost in the region of $350 each....and this is 15 years ago, so weren't cheap. The thing with models like these is that they have to be kept behind glass or the dusting of them becomes a problem....does in our house anyway. I'm afraid I'm not one to keep them in their original boxes, although I do keep the containers. Remember that outfit in England, 'Mint and Boxed'.....something dodgy went on there as it self destructed some years ago.
    I have most of my models under glass but do like to have some in the open and always had a problem with dusting them until I acquired a brush as used by the Police when dusting for fingerprints. It looks like an artists paintbrush but with very fine, bushy bristles nearly 40mm long. It does the job quickly and doesn't flick mirrors, wipers etc off. It is Haydn branded, so must be available from their stockists. I suspect it may be a womens make-up brush but that's a world I don't frequent so I'm only guessing.

David Hunter