Some time ago (1992) I was presented with the James Clark Memorial Trophy by Bill Clark in memory of his son James who was killed at an earlier Country Gents meeting at Wigram. I was racing with James on the day of the accident. The trophy was a most magnificant model of Bill's Cooper Bristol and I presume it was commissioned by Bill and made by Graeme Climo of Christchurch who had an association with Bill and Auto Restorations. You kept the trophy for a year and handed it back so for that year it took pride of place in my house. I remember at the presentation jokingly asking Bill if it came with a miniature but hardly as these models had thousands of hours of work put in to them. I think I was the first recipient and I am not sure if it was presented again but I did see it on display in Fazzaz one time so I hope it survived the quake if it was still there.
Any one seen it lately or has Bill taken it back 'in house' - it is perfection and worth a look if you get an opportunity. Chris Read-Arrowtown. Note the cigar ahhhhhh those were the days!!!
Name:  C Gents presentation 001.jpg
Views: 1027
Size:  17.9 KB