Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Diecast Collections?

Some time ago (1992) I was presented with the James Clark Memorial Trophy by Bill Clark in memory of his son James who was killed at an earlier Country Gents meeting at Wigram. I was racing with James on the day of the accident. The trophy was a most magnificant model of Bill's Cooper Bristol and I presume it was commissioned by Bill and made by Graeme Climo of Christchurch who had an association with Bill and Auto Restorations. You kept the trophy for a year and handed it back so for that year it took pride of place in my house. I remember at the presentation jokingly asking Bill if it came with a miniature but hardly as these models had thousands of hours of work put in to them. I think I was the first recipient and I am not sure if it was presented again but I did see it on display in Fazzaz one time so I hope it survived the quake if it was still there.
    Any one seen it lately or has Bill taken it back 'in house' - it is perfection and worth a look if you get an opportunity. Chris Read-Arrowtown. Note the cigar ahhhhhh those were the days!!!
    Name:  C Gents presentation 001.jpg
Views: 1025
Size:  17.9 KB

Suspension etc

Insured, but alot cheaper than new one.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

One of my favourite models is one I got in 1981 - cost UK80 pounds!!!
    Has always been on my model shelf so a bit dusty and worn out especially as it gets handled.Is a Western 1/24th scale.
    There is a piece missing for any eagle eye to spot.
    Chris Read-Arrowtown.
    Name:  Western 250F model 001.jpg
Views: 971
Size:  36.2 KB

Chris is the steering wheel extra, that is a good looking model with the body looking used as they did.

No steering wheel is hiding down there behind the cockpit cowling, but it is the small faring or wing attached to the body behind the front wheels that is missing . I have it somewhere. You can just see the two holes it fits into above the engine vents. Chris

Exoto 1/18 Models

These are my favourites...the beaut model of the original Cobra CSX 2000 as tested before painting in polished aluminium,the interior is a real standout in this one

Number 2 is the lovely Grand Sport Corvette No3 which has great attention to detail.Name:  IMG_0777.JPG
Views: 969
Size:  56.0 KBName:  IMG_0778.JPG
Views: 990
Size:  55.6 KBName:  IMG_0774.JPG
Views: 1004
Size:  67.8 KBName:  IMG_0775.JPG
Views: 976
Size:  68.7 KBName:  IMG_0773.JPG
Views: 955
Size:  96.6 KB

Here's another of my favourites. It is Prost's Renault RE30 or 30B from the 1982 season. These models were commissioned by the factory and encased in a plastic presentation case. There is no model maker markings so they may have been an in house job.
    I got mine from a Renault executive in recognition of work I did for Renault in NZ at the time. Pretty neat model with no damage due to the case. Chris Read-Arrowtown.
    Name:  Prost Renault 001.jpg
Views: 1137
Size:  26.7 KB

Hi mid-year - those are stunning. Love the gauges and the gear lever of the Cobra. I can't match those but here are some from my early years straight out of the sand pit. Interesting enough the ERA was my ultimate car as a boy and in my later years I raced with Bill Moriss' 'Hanuman' R12B (perhaps it was Bira's 'Romulus' R2B which he looked after) when he had it out here in NZ. I have a signed Raymond Mays brochure and even an ERA badge. Chris Read Arrowtown.
    Name:  Models 001.jpg
Views: 925
Size:  47.7 KB

World Champion
    Then and now
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Gulf theme & McLaren Can-Am selection...

Name:  IMG_4678 (Small).JPG
Views: 967
Size:  52.1 KBName:  IMG_4680 (Small).JPG
Views: 959
Size:  46.4 KB

Weekend Warrior
    Well I have been cruising through this site the last couple of days and came across this thread and I had to reply, I collect and also build scale models. I have just purchased a big displaycase to organize all of my collection. I will post some pics form my collection and hopefully a few of my builds.

Weekend Warrior

Many of the models are cars I worked on I restored J11 and 1018 Gt40 and the GMP 1/12 scale represent those well. I also went through a Ferrari BB512 LM with my dad. Several of the Champcar models, the PacWest car and Forsythe car and RedBull car I worked on also. The Nissan Skyline GTR model is a very important one because that was a car that was started to be built by my uncle Jeremy Cook who was tragically killed in the Airbus plane crash in France. I was able to buy new decals and complete this model so it was a combined effort of mine and Jeremys.

Weekend Warrior

The motorcycles were given to my by a friend of my dads so I built the Suzuki model and made a display case and gave it to him in appreciation of the other models.
    The Ferrari model is one I built while we were building a real engine for a T5 at work so it represents that project at work

Hi Nick,they are awesome!

Weekend Warrior

The 512 Model and 512 we built at work

Cars before I had the display case.

J11 which I restored.

It would be great to see more Diecast posts, I have always been very interested in them, I hope to add a few more in the future

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks, they are really my favorite hobby. I hope to add a few more pictures to the thread. I like the fact that most of the cars I have actually are part of my past and remind me of things I have been fortunate enough to be involved in.

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Read View Post
    Here's another of my favourites. It is Prost's Renault RE30 or 30B from the 1982 season. These models were commissioned by the factory and encased in a plastic presentation case. There is no model maker markings so they may have been an in house job.
    I got mine from a Renault executive in recognition of work I did for Renault in NZ at the time. Pretty neat model with no damage due to the case. Chris Read-Arrowtown.
    Name:  Prost Renault 001.jpg
Views: 1137
Size:  26.7 KB
    That is a awesome model you have there !

Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior

I had changed my display cabineet around so I took a few more pictures!

Banned
    If I didn't like women as much as I do then I'd probably feel like a perve looking at these magnificient models. Well done chaps.