Attached Images Attached Images     

World Champion
    Ford GT40 Mk IV - M. Andretti/Bianchi- Le Mans

Semi-Pro Racer
    Found this one on the web......Nuthin like full size models

Quote Originally Posted by bry3500 View Post
    Ford GT40 Mk IV - M. Andretti/Bianchi- Le Mans
    Fantastic weathering and damage affect. Did you do this yourself, or was the model purchased like this?
    John

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    Fantastic weathering and damage affect. Did you do this yourself, or was the model purchased like this?
    John
    Purchased like that John

Got about 50 odd from years gone by, not allowed anymore after about 10 years ago.
    Got a GT40 Chassis 1075 won Le Mans 68 & 69 limited edition only 200 made with authenticity card signed by the engineer Phil Remington in ink and all. (was not cheap) kept in a very safe and locked area.

Some photos, I am not the best with camera but give you an idea.

Couple more, the suspension moves, steering, Etc. seats are real leather

Some time ago (1992) I was presented with the James Clark Memorial Trophy by Bill Clark in memory of his son James who was killed at an earlier Country Gents meeting at Wigram. I was racing with James on the day of the accident. The trophy was a most magnificant model of Bill's Cooper Bristol and I presume it was commissioned by Bill and made by Graeme Climo of Christchurch who had an association with Bill and Auto Restorations. You kept the trophy for a year and handed it back so for that year it took pride of place in my house. I remember at the presentation jokingly asking Bill if it came with a miniature but hardly as these models had thousands of hours of work put in to them. I think I was the first recipient and I am not sure if it was presented again but I did see it on display in Fazzaz one time so I hope it survived the quake if it was still there.
    Any one seen it lately or has Bill taken it back 'in house' - it is perfection and worth a look if you get an opportunity. Chris Read-Arrowtown. Note the cigar ahhhhhh those were the days!!!
    Name:  C Gents presentation 001.jpg
Views: 1034
Size:  17.9 KB

Suspension etc

Insured, but alot cheaper than new one.

Chris is the steering wheel extra, that is a good looking model with the body looking used as they did.

No steering wheel is hiding down there behind the cockpit cowling, but it is the small faring or wing attached to the body behind the front wheels that is missing . I have it somewhere. You can just see the two holes it fits into above the engine vents. Chris

Exoto 1/18 Models

These are my favourites...the beaut model of the original Cobra CSX 2000 as tested before painting in polished aluminium,the interior is a real standout in this one

Number 2 is the lovely Grand Sport Corvette No3 which has great attention to detail.Name:  IMG_0777.JPG
Views: 975
Size:  56.0 KBName:  IMG_0778.JPG
Views: 998
Size:  55.6 KBName:  IMG_0774.JPG
Views: 1007
Size:  67.8 KBName:  IMG_0775.JPG
Views: 980
Size:  68.7 KBName:  IMG_0773.JPG
Views: 959
Size:  96.6 KB

Hi mid-year - those are stunning. Love the gauges and the gear lever of the Cobra. I can't match those but here are some from my early years straight out of the sand pit. Interesting enough the ERA was my ultimate car as a boy and in my later years I raced with Bill Moriss' 'Hanuman' R12B (perhaps it was Bira's 'Romulus' R2B which he looked after) when he had it out here in NZ. I have a signed Raymond Mays brochure and even an ERA badge. Chris Read Arrowtown.
    Name:  Models 001.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  47.7 KB

World Champion
    Then and now

Gulf theme & McLaren Can-Am selection...

Name:  IMG_4678 (Small).JPG
Views: 975
Size:  52.1 KBName:  IMG_4680 (Small).JPG
Views: 964
Size:  46.4 KB

Weekend Warrior
    Well I have been cruising through this site the last couple of days and came across this thread and I had to reply, I collect and also build scale models. I have just purchased a big displaycase to organize all of my collection. I will post some pics form my collection and hopefully a few of my builds.

Weekend Warrior

The motorcycles were given to my by a friend of my dads so I built the Suzuki model and made a display case and gave it to him in appreciation of the other models.
    The Ferrari model is one I built while we were building a real engine for a T5 at work so it represents that project at work

Hi Nick,they are awesome!