Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Diecast Collections?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Read View Post
    Here's another of my favourites. It is Prost's Renault RE30 or 30B from the 1982 season. These models were commissioned by the factory and encased in a plastic presentation case. There is no model maker markings so they may have been an in house job.
    I got mine from a Renault executive in recognition of work I did for Renault in NZ at the time. Pretty neat model with no damage due to the case. Chris Read-Arrowtown.
    Attachment 10512
    So what scale is this Chris? Looks a real beauty.

Cheers
    Lee

Nick, I like your work A great selection of models there. I am sure the R32 will be treasured always.

Do you get many questions about the funny blue ones on the second shelf down of the very first photo:? D

Cheers
    Lee

Where would you like me to start?
    Name:  048-1.jpg
Views: 1383
Size:  64.3 KB
    Name:  049-1.jpg
Views: 1321
Size:  61.3 KB
    Name:  046-1.jpg
Views: 1264
Size:  51.3 KB
    Name:  045-1.jpg
Views: 1222
Size:  58.3 KB
    Name:  044-1.jpg
Views: 1240
Size:  51.0 KB
    Name:  043.jpg
Views: 1183
Size:  51.5 KB

Name:  041-2.jpg
Views: 1227
Size:  59.6 KB
    Name:  053.jpg
Views: 1207
Size:  46.4 KB
    Name:  052.jpg
Views: 1188
Size:  60.3 KB
    Name:  050-1.jpg
Views: 1231
Size:  53.5 KB

Cheers
    Lee

One or two Spark brand in the collection Lee!
    Cheers, John

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Tracey View Post
    Nick, I like your work A great selection of models there. I am sure the R32 will be treasured always.

Do you get many questions about the funny blue ones on the second shelf down of the very first photo:? D

Cheers
    Lee
    Hi Lee, thanks the R32 will always be a very treasured one to me. Some of the members on here around in the OSCA days might have met my uncle Jeremy as he had helped dad with the Capri.
    Regarding the funny blue cars, well they are an interest of mine. I have four Subarus that Are real ones an 05 STI WRX a 98 22B
    Which is #339 of 400 and a forester XT turbo which is an 08 and then a 91 Legacy which is in the process of a complete bare shell rebuild. The Models are all Auto art except for the Possum Bourne
    Impreza which is Biante.
    You have an incredible collection of cars. I am still buying cars, I just bought two Marlboro Schumacher
    Ferraris in 1/18 and hope to get all of his championship year 2000 to 2004.
    Last edited by Nick Slade; 09-01-2012 at 03:41 AM.

Weekend Warrior
    The 2003 GA is My Favorite of all the years of the Schumacher Ferraris. Here is a couple of pictures of My son Mika and the 2003 GA and then my 1/18 scale version of the car. I have generally collected based on some kind of association with the cars as I had mentioned earlier. This is the one with the GA

Weekend Warrior
    Here is one that you guys might like to see a little closer, this is a Capri made by Biante. It is a fantastic little diecast in 1/18 Scale

Hi All, what is the law on diecast models (or Kitset models for that matter) in regards to ciggartte adverstising? Are they allowed to be produced with the correct decals or is it only the older models that were produced with the ciggartte sponsorship decals?
    Last edited by Homer; 09-06-2012 at 04:11 AM.

Basically in any country that has anti fag advertising laws you can not have them, especially the EU and Oz. However some makers such as Spark hide the offending decals in the box for the collector to apply, while ixo (a Chinese based and owned company) seem to ignore this rule when it suits.

Incidentally the French ban on Alcohol advertising is also starting to show up in models with a French Part Works Porsche 76 LM winner I bought recently missing the Martini logos.

Cheers
    Lee

Weekend Warrior
    Yes, I either buy my Ferrari F1 models without and buy the decals and add them or I have just bought two more Schumacher cars with Marlboro decals already on them through a diecast distributer. I think they fit them because you pay more for them with Marlboro decals!

As I have just been educating some model collectors elsewhere I thought I would chuck these pics of my Jim Richards models up here as well.

Models 56 Sidchrome Mustang. All Models are 1:43 scale.
    Cheers
    Lee

78 Bathurst winner Autoart for Biante, de-nannied by me.

79 Bathurst winner Autoart for Biante

80 Bathurst winner by Dinkum

81 Le Mans Porsche 924GTR by Spark
    Cheers
    Lee

M3 by Dinkum

92 Bathurst Godzilla by Dinkum, model pre dates Nanny

1995 Bathurst Autoart for Biante

The last Bathurst Victory by Aa for Biante

The Kangaroo car by Classic Carlectables

Cheers
    Lee

Some amazing stuff showing up... I just purchased this one

IMG_6042 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

Will sit nicely with all the other Group A R32's... I've never displayed any, what do you guys with glass cabinets do with regards to UV etc? Just keep them in a location out of direct sunlight?

Name:  db5.jpg
Views: 1039
Size:  41.7 KB Just wondering if anyone else is building up the part works DB5 Model Markson

Great thread.

Unfortunately, I have recently had to sell many of my Dinky Toys which I believe are about 1/43 scale, but find the modern 1/43 scale models a bit expensive for what they are. (My eyesight isn't what it was!)
    However, I have found that the detail on some of the Scalextric slots cars at 1/32 is just amazing and now tend to collect them now and again, but as static models. The DB9, Le Mans Aston Martin, is stunning and the prices are very reasonable.

Apart from the Fly LM500/LM600 slots, there is a dearth of 1/32 (or larger) Marcos models, in fact, I can't ever remember seeing any static model other than 1/43 of any full sized Marcos, other than the Corgi versions of the 2/3 litre coupe, the Mantis and the XP, which is a sad omission, when you consider that many lesser known makes and models have been produced over the years, yet Marcos had a fine competition history at club and international historic lebvel.

Some stunning collections shown, so I sincerely hope your home contents policy covers them, as they may be worth far more than you think.

I recently decided to value one shelf of my better books and was somewhat shocked to find they were worth $1000's rather than $100's and that means a detailed list and pics for the insurance company.
    Last edited by ERC; 09-19-2012 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    Great thread.

Unfortunately, I have recently had to sell many of my Dinky Toys which I believe are about 1/43 scale, but find the modern 1/43 scale models a bit expensive for what they are. (My eyesight isn't what it was!)
    However, I have found that the detail on some of the Scalextric slots cars at 1/32 is just amazing and now tend to collect them now and again, but as static models. The DB9, Le Mans Aston Martin, is stunning and the prices are very reasonable.

Apart from the Fly LM500/LM600 slots, there is a dearth of 1/32 (or larger) Marcos models, in fact, I can't ever remember seeing any static model other than 1/43 of any full sized Marcos, other than the Corgi versions of the 2/3 litre coupe, the Mantis and the XP, which is a sad omission, when you consider that many lesser known makes and models have been produced over the years, yet Marcos had a fine competition history at club and international historic lebvel.

Some stunning collections shown, so I sincerely hope your home contents policy covers them, as they may be worth far more than you think.

I recently decided to value one shelf of my better books and was somewhat shocked to find they were worth $1000's rather than $100's and that means a detailed list and pics for the insurance company.
    Your model collections definitely need to be listed separately on your household insurance policies (just like any expensive items such as jewellery, camera equipment, etc). ERC is quite right - the value of your models may surprise you. I just insured mine for many, many $1,000's. There is normally a extra premium charged, but it is worth it for peace of mind.

A couple of friends lost their collections in the Christchurch earthquakes, and they were pleased that they had them itemised on there policies. It's also important to have a complete list (and photos) of all your models.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Read View Post
    Here's another of my favourites. It is Prost's Renault RE30 or 30B from the 1982 season. These models were commissioned by the factory and encased in a plastic presentation case. There is no model maker markings so they may have been an in house job.
    I got mine from a Renault executive in recognition of work I did for Renault in NZ at the time. Pretty neat model with no damage due to the case. Chris Read-Arrowtown.
    Attachment 10512
    CHRIS The RENUALT GP CAR was made by the FRENCH MODEL making company NOREV who are of the biggest diecast Manufacturers in the World they do most the commision work for all the French model or toy makers. I have one also but not in the case.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Some of mine - all 1/43rd except for an Exoto Lotus 49 stuck in there somewhere - I've crammed 100 models into the refurbished disply shelf ($5 at a garage sale), with another 50 in boxes out in the barn. A mix of Spark, Minichamps, Ixo, Bizarre etc The bikes are nearly all Ixo 1/24th - leave them in their cases - keeps the dust out.....
    I do have a theme - sort of - Canam cars and 50's - 80's F1, with a predilection for Lotus & Mclaren. Also some Targa Florio cars in there and some tractors!
    Attached Images Attached Images