Thread: Hi All, from a fellow petrol head

Hi All, from a fellow petrol head

I live in Wellington NZ and currently building/restoring a 1964 Falcon Sprint to Monte Carlo Rallye spec's and after I finish reading 140 pages of Appendix K hopefully complying to that.
    I have done a huge amount of research on these cars and nearly have all of the original parts to make this exact as possible.... Its been a mission but really enjoying it.
    I've always been and old car nut 'particularly from 1955 to 1970'years are my favourites.
    In 1989 I finished restoring a 1958 Ford custom 300, just a cool old fifties car.
    in 2008 I built a Honda Integra Type R to race, Always wanted to race a car and figured this would be a good base to start, and it was, the car is a blast to drive (even if its only a 1.8L) its was a great car to start in.

When I finish the Falcon I am very keen to get this on to the track, however not looking forward to poking it into the corners with OEM 5.5 inch rims.
    Name:  IMG_0571.JPG
Views: 663
Size:  36.2 KBName:  58.JPG
Views: 614
Size:  54.8 KBName:  IMG_0080a.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  30.2 KB

Cheers

Hi Paul, welcome to The Roaring Season. Its great that you've joined. I really hope you do a build thread on the Falcon Sprint. This is going to be a cool car and I know people will be blown away by it.

Thanks Steve,
    I have been thinking of doing a build thread, just more time commitment that I need work in.
    It roll cage time for the car as its nearly ready for paint.
    Cheers

The old Custom 300...

A rare beast in Australia, most people going that big had the V8 Fairlane 500. But there were some around, the '300' referring to the 300ci inline six, of course.

But yours looks older than the ones we had here, maybe ours started in '58?

Hi Ray,
    There were a few US models in 1958
    Skyliner - Hard top retractable- cool car
    Fairlane 500 -in 4 door and 2 doors etc.
    Fairlane- same as above but different trim
    Custom 300 style tone - shorter chassis than above and different trim
    Custom - this was the entry level model same shorter chassis
    (quite a few different chassis were available, ranchero, ranch wagon and convertible
    The 300 only stood for the body model, engines available ranged for 6 cylinder to Y block 272, 292 and big block 332, 352 and 361

Thanks for the interest
    Cheers