Thread: 2017 formula junior world tour

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I agree Paul, an amazing feat to have this very significant celebration down racing in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    I agree Paul, an amazing feat to have this very significant celebration down racing in NZ.
    I think Formula Junior is a wonderful class, and fantastic to see how you can run the same car in many parts of the world.

Perhaps I view it so highly because for many of us it was our first introduction to proper single seater racing back in the distant past.

I recall Warwick Farm meetings that included the following amongst others:

Leo Geoghegan - Lotus 22
    Frank Matich - Elfin
    Kevin Bartlett - Lynx
    Glynn Scott - Lotus 20
    Les Howard - Nota

Attached is a recent newsletter of the Australian Formula Junior Association, which includes wonderful stories on member's trips around England and Europe.

http://www.australianformulajunior.com/current.pdf

There are some great photos of these cars recently in NZ as part of their world tour on the Nigel Watts photo thread, in posts 799 to 816.

UFORTUNATELY still no details of make/ models which would be so informative for those of us deeply interested.

My favourite terry were the many lotus 18s that were there, and martin bullock drove fantastic in a lotus 27

Quote Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
    There are some great photos of these cars recently in NZ as part of their world tour on the Nigel Watts photo thread, in posts 799 to 816.

UFORTUNATELY still no details of make/ models which would be so informative for those of us deeply interested.

If you're deeply interested, the FJ race results are on mylaps. If you're even more deeply interested, get over to natsoft for some detective work, the results of the Barbagallo and Sandown meetings are on there including the makes and models, and in most cases the cars have held the same race numbers throughout the tour.
    Last edited by GD66; 02-14-2017 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GD66 View Post
    If you're deeply interested, the FJ race results are on mylaps. If you're even more deeply interested, get over to natsoft for some detective work, the results of the Barbagallo and Sandown meetings are on there including the makes and models, and in most cases the cars have held the same race numbers throughout the tour.
    Being from Oz I am not aware of what "mylaps" is. Can you advise and how I get into it?