Thread: BUILD THREAD For 1964 Falcon Sprint to Monte Carlo Rallye FIA spec'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I love that you're researching how these cars were modified in period by H-M and then building your car as close as you possibly can to what they did. This is a neat build, and very true to the original cars. Its all these little details that make the difference.

You'll really get to experience just what the drivers experienced in period when they raced these cars, and not a modernized and improved version of.

Thanks Steve,
    The research side of it has been really interesting, It will be an experience to race this compared to My Honda Integra Type R race car. But that's all part of the fun.
    Interestingly enough after doing all this research, I have found that the 1964 Monte Carlo Rallye Falcon Sprints now seem more like they were a prototype for the Shelby GT350 Mustangs, so much of the setup is the same. Obviously, cant say for sure, but its looking like a very large coincidence.
    Galaxie 9inch LSDiff
    close ratio T10
    K series engine with mods to +300hp
    Quicker steering
    Stiffer front & rear springs, adjustable shocks
    Front Kelsey hays 4 pot disc brakes
    etc
    I suppose that's how it worked, the Ford race program is what the future performance road cars were based on.
    Last edited by Paul B; 03-31-2018 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
    Thanks Steve,
    The research side of it has been really interesting, It will be an experience to race this compared to My Honda Integra Type R race car. But that's all part of the fun.
    Interestingly enough after doing all this research, I have found that the 1964 Monte Carlo Rallye Falcon Sprints now seem more like they were a prototype for the Shelby GT350 Mustangs, so much of the setup is the same. Obviously, cant say for sure, but its looking like a very large coincidence.
    Galaxie 9inch LSDiff
    close ratio T10
    K series engine with mods to +300hp
    longer steering pitman& idler arms
    Stiffer front & rear springs, adjustable shocks
    Front Kelsey hays 4 pot disc brakes
    etc
    I suppose that's how it worked, the Ford race program is what the future performance road cars were based on.
    I think a lot of that stuff carried over to the A/Sedan and Trans-Am Mustangs also Paul. It was an evolution, with Ford wanting to promote the new Mustang when it first appeared, so the parts carried across. Of course, in the UK under Group 5 touring car rules, the amazing light homologation weight of the Falcon Sprint meant it found a new lease of life which continued until the advent of Group 2 rules for 1970. It was a dominant force for many years.

When you get the time, have a read of the story I wrote about the only known existing Holman-Moody 1964 Ford Galaxie Nascar. These cars were allowed far more freedoms than the Falcons contesting the Monte Carlo, but its still really interesting to learn how they adapted such ingenious ideas into the cars to make them fast and reliable. Check it out here: http://www.theroaringseason.com/show...gerine-Crusher

Name:  candy_tangerine_crusher_home.jpg
Views: 2275
Size:  177.3 KB