Awesome thread Paul, I'm really looking forward to this one, and seeing your car come to life. I've had a long interest in the FIA Appendix K Falcon Sprints, ever since I lived in the UK in the early 1990s and saw them racing at a historic event at Silverstone.

Classic & Sportscar magazine writer Julian Balme has owned an FIA Falcon Sprint for many, many years. I saw the car at Silverstone in 1994, and even then he'd owned it for a long time. He writes updates about the car in the 'Our Classics' section of the mag which I always find interesting.

Name:  img_3990.jpg
Views: 6613
Size:  162.2 KB

The FIA granted these cars an amazing 980kg racing weight for the 1964 Monte Carlo Rally, which means this is their homologation weight now in historic racing. To help try and achieve that weight the FIA allowed the cars to be fitted with fibreglass or alloy front fenders, hood, boot lid, and doors. Plus bumpers, I think? I don't think anyone has ever got a Falcon Sprint down to that weight, but given they share the same mechanicals as a Mustang, and are significantly lighter, are formidable in the popular pre-1966 Group 2 Historic Touring Car category throughout the UK and Europe.

Keep up the good work Paul.