Thread: BUILD THREAD For 1964 Falcon Sprint to Monte Carlo Rallye FIA spec'

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    This thread just gets better and better. How much of the interior will you use Paul?
    Hi Steve,
    Thanks for that, The plan is to run most of the trim... only because it looks cool, the roll cage fitment will Not allow a back upright seat. so I will need to fab one up that will fit around the cage and get it covered in Original trim, Welcome anyone's thoughts?
    I don't think the extra weight will matter too much with 1964 Spec' car, the car will have clear limitations compared to the cars from the late 1960s and 1970s. but its all about originality for me.
    I am keen on building the original race seat (just for originality viewing) and extra dash instrumentation at some stage
    Name:  FalconMonteCarloRallyinteriora-vi.jpg
Views: 2305
Size:  99.2 KB
    Note the different steering wheels in each of the cars and different instrumentation
    Name:  rallyinterior-vi.jpg
Views: 2077
Size:  21.6 KB
    I have noticed each car was a little different in small ways, 1 car also had a 4 bbl carb set up, and 1 car was said to be a hot 6 cyl, (to combat the class that Chryslers Valiant entered) this was driven by Denise McCluggage - Anne Hall-#204? , Below is an earlier Falcon with the Hot 6 that Holman Moody built, Assume this would be very similar for the #204 car - I cant find any paperwork to support this
    Name:  Holman Moody falcon hot 6.jpg
Views: 2342
Size:  100.3 KB
    Last edited by Paul B; 09-05-2020 at 10:20 PM. Reason: updated info