Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: BUILD THREAD For 1964 Falcon Sprint to Monte Carlo Rallye FIA spec'

Mate that is amazing and I am just loving the build and being able to keep up with what is happening.

I am doing the same thing on the Proboards website for the restoration of the second Grumman Avenger WW II RNZAF bomber at Classic Flyers in Tauranga. Here is the link to the thread if anyone is interested.

http://rnzaf.proboards.com/thread/25...classic-flyers

You are a tradesman par excellence. Keep up the great work Paul.

Outside at last and enjoying the sunshine. Great work Paul and look forward to the paint job being done.

Cheers
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi285 View Post
    Mate that is amazing and I am just loving the build and being able to keep up with what is happening.

I am doing the same thing on the Proboards website for the restoration of the second Grumman Avenger WW II RNZAF bomber at Classic Flyers in Tauranga. Here is the link to the thread if anyone is interested.

http://rnzaf.proboards.com/thread/25...classic-flyers

You are a tradesman par excellence. Keep up the great work Paul.
    Hi Mike, that is awesome! What a cool project. I just love anything old with wheels and engines. I will have a really good read of that.
    I will be up your way in the new year, would be keen to have a gander.
    Cheers

Give me a call and I would be happy to show you over and around. I will PM you.

There may be a few of you that may have been connected with the Wellington Car Club. They will be celebrating their 75th year as a club in Motorsport! I believe they may be one of the oldest car club in New Zealand.
    Name:  WCC.JPG
Views: 1126
Size:  86.2 KB
    Last edited by Paul B; 12-25-2017 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
    Hi Mike, that is awesome! What a cool project. I just love anything old with wheels and engines. I will have a really good read of that.
    I will be up your way in the new year, would be keen to have a gander.
    Cheers
    Our young Mike Feisst is a very talented boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Our young Mike Feisst is a very talented boy.
    Have just found this now - I thoroughly enjoy what I do but hey I can't interview petrolheads and write such fantastic books about them. Keep up the great work.

As we are fast approaching years end I would like to wish everyone on here a great festive season and trust that 2018 is kind to you and your families. Have a great one and take the time to smell the roses.

cartoon 7 by Mike Feisst, on Flickr

Ha ha, Classic Mike !! I couldn't agree more.
    We do these things, not because we have to, nor because we can, but because we want to.
    Please everyone enjoy the festive season the EASY way
    Cheers to all
    P

World Champion
    Paul,
    I found this article in a Feb. 1993 Thoroughbred and Classic Cars magazine and thought you might be interested if you have not seen this already. (You may have to enlarge the images to read it as it is hard to get it down to the 185 kb )
    Name:  Ford Falcon # 4 jpg.jpg
Views: 1174
Size:  170.5 KB

Name:  Ford Falcon # 1.jpg
Views: 1189
Size:  164.1 KB

Name:  Ford Falcon # 2.jpg
Views: 1228
Size:  181.3 KB

Name:  Ford Falcon # 3.jpg
Views: 1187
Size:  160.8 KB

To be continued.

World Champion
    Falcon article continued.
    Name:  Ford Falcon #  5  jpg.jpg
Views: 973
Size:  164.4 KB

Name:  Ford Falcon #  6.  jpg.jpg
Views: 1022
Size:  165.9 KB

Happy New Year Paul.
    I look forward to meeting you in 3 weeks at Taupo.
    Ken H.
    (If you would like this magazine I may be able to sneak it out to you. ok ? )

I look forward to meeting you in 3 weeks at Taupo.
    Ken H.

Hi Ken,
    I have booked to stay the weekend at taupo so hopefully I might be able to catch up with you as well.

Mike F

Hi Ken,
    What a great build, Thanks very much for posting it. If you have room in your case, very gratefully received!
    Very keen to meet at Taupo!
    Cheers & kindest regards
    Paul

I have received the 42ltr auxiliary tank and prefitted that in the same location as original. The Monte Carlo cars had twin tanks with a total of 102ltrs of fuel capacity and an electric Stewart Warner fuel pump to transfer fuel from the auxiliary tank to the main tank. the standard Ford mechanical fuel pump was used to feed the carbs.
    Name:  20180109_164054.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  108.1 KB

Name:  20180109_180949.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  121.1 KB

This tank will be used as the fuel cell after some mods

Below was the set up on the 1963 Falcons, The 64s were a little different but still twin tank
    Name:  MCR Boot.JPG
Views: 902
Size:  89.8 KB
    Last edited by Paul B; 01-09-2018 at 09:43 AM.

Looks great Paul. Will the auxiliary tank be functional?

Hi Steve,
    The plan is to build it exactly the same as 1964, but the OEM fuel tank is not up to a new Fuel cell compliance so the OEM tank is there for show, but does also provide structural support to the rear body.
    The auxiliary tank will be used as the race fuel cell, I only hope it will be big enough as its only 42 ltrs. I will need to add some baffles inside for the fuel pick up and fuel foam along with a tank breather.
    I will try and get an electric stewart warner fuel pump (another rare part) and plumb it in too

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
    Hi Steve,
    The plan is to build it exactly the same as 1964, but the OEM fuel tank is not up to a new Fuel cell compliance so the OEM tank is there for show, but does also provide structural support to the rear body.
    The auxiliary tank will be used as the race fuel cell, I only hope it will be big enough as its only 42 ltrs. I will need to add some baffles inside for the fuel pick up and fuel foam along with a tank breather.
    I will try and get an electric stewart warner fuel pump (another rare part) and plumb it in too
    That was going to be my next question Paul, whether it's up to compliance standards. But you answered that for me.

I think that's a great idea just having it there fo show. You should create an information board to display at race events showing info and photos of the original cars just so people can see how much effort you've made to get all the details correct.

World Champion
    Paul,
    I was just able to rescue that "Classic Cars"magazine from the storage locker at work as the heavy rains here had caused a leak right next to it !
    My wife will be glad to see my collection go down even if by one !
    We have lived at our home since 1979 and I don't think we will ever leave now as how can one part with a "California Emission Controls Manual for a 1977 Fiat X-19" ?
    I hope you have a name tag on or else I may ignore you although John McKechnie or Bruce Thompson might point you to my whereabouts.
    Cheers,
    Ken H
    Last edited by khyndart in CA; 01-10-2018 at 12:33 AM.

As fellow Anglia drivers, you will recognize each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    That was going to be my next question Paul, whether it's up to compliance standards. But you answered that for me.

I think that's a great idea just having it there fo show. You should create an information board to display at race events showing info and photos of the original cars just so people can see how much effort you've made to get all the details correct.
    That is a good idea Steve, I will put some thought into it. Maybe build it around the FIA #1250 doc as a point of interest also.
    Last edited by Paul B; 01-11-2018 at 09:22 AM.