Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
Without getting too involved here-is it the material involved? I understand after a certain recent rally accident, chrome moly cages are a minefield. I recently had my cage built for HMC -seamless steel- and it was homologated within 1 week-I was very impressed with how quickly it was done.
First, can someone start a thread on "Rollcages for Historic and Classic race cars" to save this thread.

OK, I shouldn't be getting embroiled in this conversation as i don't have all the facts but going on what i've read here on the RR, why is it that John McKechnie can build his HMC falcon and have the cage homologated and log booked in 1 week when others have issues? what has he done right that others haven't? I've probably built 6 Mustang rollcages in the last 10 or so years and have NEVER had a problem getting them passed, logbooked, stamped, boom bang done, paid, out the door, even with rules changes!! So whats the REAL issues here? because if its about building a cage to the current day specs "at the time" and then trying to homologate and logbook it say "1 to 10" years later well you're just asking for trouble as current day rules in most anything are constantly changing and on the move, is this the problem? if so well im sorry im with the MSNZ tech guys on this.

There are currently other cage issues like MSNZ not wanting to logbook an existing overseas schedule K Historic race car that has its overseas logbook and paperwork and that has been raced overseas since the early 70's because the cage doesn't fit current MSNZ standards, but thats another story.

Dale(im about to get shot down forsure)Mathers