Hi Guys.
Sorry to bring up an old thread but found this site recently by chance. Reading some of the posts in this forum gets me excited – especially with the prospect of getting these cars racing again under an historic banner of sorts.
The Black and White Avenger used to belong to my Uncle. This was raced in Shell Sport quite regularly…however the car is no more.
In the late 90’s we decided to build another car (Talbot Sunbeam – Non Lotus) for the new SS2000 class and we used all of the running gear from the Avenger (As the front half of a Lotus Sunbeam is Avenger!) The old shell was very tired and we decided to cut it up and scrap it (Which I reluctantly did). Once the new car was built I raced it in SS2000 and Auckland Car Club events for around 6 years.
I stopped racing when I got divorced (It’s difficult when your household income drops by half!). I still have the car locked away in the garage. At this stage I’m not sure what I’m going to do with it. I know there are some people who want to get the old cars back out again. If it takes off it might motivate me to get the car out there again.Name:  CCF01182012_00003.jpg
Views: 1927
Size:  170.8 KB