Name:  rsz_emson_racing_team.jpg
Views: 2145
Size:  113.3 KB
Talking about people in the Shellsport era, I wonder if this photo jogs any memories. From the right hand side,
Peter Richardson;
Clever guy and good friend who could make anything out of metal. He even designed and built my Formula Pacific trailer in his spare time.
Neville Bailey;
Fantastic driver in his own right, talented engine man. Also gave me some sound council, and advice on many things. He built the Eastern Tool Co Shellsport car, My GTX B110 coupe, and also my Rally Datsun 1600.
Stewart Coutts:
Very clever guy who designed and built the suspension on my Shellsport car. He completed that work for its 2nd ever meeting at Baypark. New lap record, pole position and the race win. The car never looked back. Stewart also built the Pacific from scratch after my Timaru crash. This was a big feat, as the tub was completely destroyed, as you might expect with the throttles jammed wide open.
Yvonne;
My extremely supportive girlfriend at the time, absolute genius at timing- always exact with official timekeeping and kept my cars clean and polished. The mother of my children, and best wife in the world.
Dad:
Well, everyone who knows Dad will know what a wonderful decent person he is. Widely liked by many people. A very supportive Dad who never really placed any pressure on me, except I think he believed I could win without needing the same equipment of my competitors. Amazing father to have.
John Terry:
My long term sponsor. At times he placed a few demands on me, however his heart and intentions were always correct. He certainly was a big fan of motor racing, and enjoyed the results that we achieved. I think he really enjoyed himself.

Well there you have some of my old team members, there are other important people of course, but are not in the photo that day.