Thread: New Zealand ShellSport Saloon Series 1978 - 1985

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Les, I couldn't remember the order of who was first after KJP, Steelo or The Days.
    Dave Mck I will post the previous history of the car when we get back home in a few weeks time, need to check a couple of things with Kevin first.

Just received a copy of information resulting from the Shellsport Motoracing NZ Inaugural Meeting which was held last November and they contain the draft regulations for this class of vehicle to run as a category at future race meetings. The cover genuine existing vehicles, replicas, and any new car yet to be built.

The cut off date for elegible vehicles is 31-12-1983 and of course the maximum engine capacity remains at 2 litres with class breaks at 1300 & 1600cc

A copy of the regulations are available from The Secretary PO Box 16245 Hornby Christchurch 8441

Hi Carlo, Any info on who was present and the cars that might be around to contest this series ? There seems to be quite a collection of them out there looking for somewhere to race.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi285 View Post
    Hi Carlo, Any info on who was present and the cars that might be around to contest this series ? There seems to be quite a collection of them out there looking for somewhere to race.
    We missed the meeting which was held at Timaru as were overseas at the time. The Chairman / co-ordinator is John Gobbe who was the MANZ Technical Officer of the period and a great supporter of the class and who now owns quitea number of cars tha trtaced during those times. The Secretary is Dot Box with Richard Box and Rod Collingwood looking after Technical & Regs. While I have not yet had time to go through the regs and run them past the regs of the period it appears as though they are very close to the version used in the final years of the championship, eg cars with set back firewalls could continue to run but no new cars or reshells could be built in this configuration. Submissions to the proposed regs close on the 8th of February

At present it looks as though there are sufficent cars around to run them as a stand alone class at S.I. Classic race meetings, time will tell if that is to happen, I guess we wil lall know a lot more after the S.I. classic race series in Febuary

I have been trying to get hold of John but without much success to date.

Carlo I have sent you a PM.
    Last edited by kiwi285; 01-09-2012 at 12:28 AM.