John before backing the favorite horse. don't know if you read the story behind this. A quick point - Your cage would have to pass as you only built it a couple of weeks ago, (to present regs I hope) so you know what is expected now. The one in conversation was built to regs over a period of rebuild and when apply for cert. told sorry that changed a "week" ago. After an extensive build of a classic, a week comes into the equation. Also a engineer has backed it, and what qualifications does the person in Wellington have, if like most beaurocrats down there, little but maybe can read.
Classic I would have thought was for previous hard driving, competitve, crazy, hard case drivers along with club drivers, Sunday skidders and gentlemen racers to all get together and enjoy a skid around and look at and discuss each others cars (as they were and are)

This has been discussed on an other thread and maybe we need a new one and get back to shellsport.
Back to Shellsport
As I said before, I parked and walked from sport back in 90 because of official poo, and if it looks like the same will happen, the door stays down and diesel not petrol goes on the card.