Thread: New Zealand ShellSport Saloon Series 1978 - 1985

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by markec View Post
    Name:  aitken 3 u.jpg
Views: 2327
Size:  154.7 KB
    You will notice Grant Aitken's sponser - Graeme Dyer Auto- in the photo at post #331. Well, Graeme died this week suddenly in the Gold Coast where he was living age 67. Graeme who ran a successful used car yard in Dunedin was an enthusiastic sponsor. I used to help crew for Grant and Graeme was always along with us having a good time and getting the most out of his sponsorship. Chris Read - Arrowtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Read View Post
    You will notice Grant Aitken's sponser - Graeme Dyer Auto- in the photo at post #331. Well, Graeme died this week suddenly in the Gold Coast where he was living age 67. Graeme who ran a successful used car yard in Dunedin was an enthusiastic sponsor. I used to help crew for Grant and Graeme was always along with us having a good time and getting the most out of his sponsorship. Chris Read - Arrowtown.
    Sad news. All the Shellsport competitors and crews are getting older now! Time waits for no man. I would hate to think how many people I came across in my pretty short racing adventures are no longer with us. Back in the 70's I think we all pretty much thought we were built proof. On the bright side there are many more races to be run. Make the most of them. I had a ball in the 2 seasons I did in Shellsport, and even though I was seriously racing for the championship win, had lots of laughs and fun. Met some amazing people back then. Stuffed up many opportunities also. Regards to all.