I don't think your memory is as bad as you claim Kim, pretty much as I recall too. The story of this car is a very good illustration of the difficulty historians and others have in verifying the provenance of old racing cars.

Not important with a Formula Ford as they are not 5 million quid Ferraris or Maseratis? Maybe today but those of us who cheerfully cut up Formula Juniors and MAE screamer F3s to make (and crash) film cars 40 odd years ago would have laughed at the idea that a Formula Junior might be ever worth any money!

So Palliser WDF2, chassis #34 as imported by Donald and me in 1972 has become at least 3 traceable and largely intact cars:

1. Trident Palliser as described by Kim, currently owned and raced by Phil Foulkes and driven (and won) by Kenny at this year's festival. Still using the original WDF2 logbook because changing it was too hard.

2. The original chassis and body still owned by Russ C and effectively still a complete and traceable car.

3. Kim's "square tube" car as being advertised on TradeMe.

And you could mount a reasonable argument for each car being historically correct and documentable!