Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Race Programmes and entry lists - including sales and wants

Anyone know the exact date for the 1992 Le Mans Relay Race? I only have the patch logo, but no program neither race results.
    Thanks!

I have no programmer for that Remi, just a TACCOC Classic Endurance race day in May. Tony competed in one of the lead up races.

I seem to have mislaid a few race programmes! Must be something to do with my wife shuffling a few bits to clean my office carpet when I was away!

I seem to have a query that the internet hasn't resolved, regarding John Billington racing the MG Montego at Pukekohe, car #22. I had it down as the Nissan Mobil 500 either 1987 or 1989, but it doesn't appear on the only website I have found with an entry list. It doesn't list the other races on the programme either.

I have isolated in my list, all my Pukekohe slides and spent many a happy hour sorting them on the basis of date, film number (where known), slide number and where on the track I was. This has resolved a whole heap of queries - and created a few more.

Weekend Warrior
    John Billington raced the VK / VL in this era.
    He ran the MG in the early 90s

I seem to have a query that the internet hasn't resolved, regarding John Billington racing the MG Montego at Pukekohe, car #22. I had it down as the Nissan Mobil 500 either 1987 or 1989, but it doesn't appear on the only website I have found with an entry list. It doesn't list the other races on the programme either.

Ray it was the Nissan Mobil 500 held on 9 & 10 December 1989

Name:  img151 (2).jpg
Views: 937
Size:  162.5 KB

Thanks again Milan. I realise now that it wasn't the actual Nissan Mobil 500 grid! I have no other pics of cars in the above grid so as I was flagging, I must have just grabbed a couple of the MG.

I had a Montego at the time followed by another (2.0Efi), then a high mileage Montego Turbo I had for a year. Great cars!

The Turbo was a real hoot and only ever let me own once, just before Taupo, needing a transporter back to Auckland. Just a $5 vacuum hose. As with the others, being FWD, drove like a big Mini. Also the 2.0Efi was more economical than my wife's very early, pre-twin Cam 1500cc Toyota MR2.

Having a clean out. The following programs are looking for a new home:

2010 NZFMR - Bruce McLaren

2014 NZFMR - Ferrari

2015 NZFMR - Howden Ganley

2016 NZFMR - Porsche

2017 NZFMR - Ken Smith

IceBreaker meeting Hampton Downs 22/23 September 2018 - comes with 2 admission tickets
    Last edited by Andrew Metford; 04-29-2019 at 08:14 AM.

Have you tried Ebay Andrew? You never know, there could be McLaren, Ferrari, Porsche enthusiasts who might be keen pay for them!

1985 - 1986 the Main Pukekohe meetings B and H, NZ Grand Prix

Programmes from the Benson and Hedges Saloon Car Race -
    part of a three Race series, Manfield, Baypark and Pukekohe. October - November 1985

Thanks to BMC BOY for sending me these.

Name:  Motor Racing Pukekohe #  B and H 1985 Programme Cover CCI30052019_0001 (800x564).jpg
Views: 1694
Size:  159.8 KB

The Entry List.

Name:  Motor Racing Pukekohe #  1985 B and H entry list CCI30052019 (800x564).jpg
Views: 723
Size:  147.2 KB

The 1986 New Zealand Grand Prix Programme - January 1986

Name:  Motor racing Pukekohe #  1986 NZ Grand Prix programme cover CCI30052019_0002 (800x564).jpg
Views: 1285
Size:  176.7 KB

I have been busy searching UK race programmes for the pre 1980 TVR Racers Facebook group, as one member is writing a book and wanted some programme details. Another is researching DRW Clubmans and F100 cars, so rather than just scan and send them, I have started a web page with scans of programme covers and some race entry lists. Very much a scattergun approach and whilst early Mallory Park and Silverstone stuff may not be of much interest to most Kiwis other than maybe F5000 and Formula Junior, I know there are several UK residents popping into this and other websites, desperate for information.

Some scans are from a secretarial or officials' copy, some are from our own programmes and notated as to non-starters, grid positions, results. Some are from unmarked mint copies.

http://www.monza.org.nz/UK_entries/entries_01.htm

It's a slow job and no idea when it will be expanded - but something else to keep me occupied.

Tasman Championship programmes

HI - Does anyone have Tasman Championship race programmes in good condition they'd be willing to sell? I'm after the years between 1966 and 1969 for both NZ and Aussie rounds.

I was dismayed when I fronted up to the ticket office at Hampton Downs for the Speed Works TRS meeting yesterday.

When I asked for a ticket ($40) and a programme I was informed that they were not providing programmes and I would have to download an app to get information on events and entrants.

Not having a "smart phone" i spent the day not knowing what the next race was going to be, or who was driving what.

Surely in a five meeting series they could have produced a generic programme, funded mainly by advertising, and added a two page insert showing events and entrants at each individual meeting.

This was done for the Peter Stuyvesant Series in the seventies and the Peter Jackson Series in the nineties.

Yes Milan,
    Welcome to the modern age of Apt’s.....Not !

Very annoying Milan. The least they can do is to publish everything on a website, (before the event) rather than through an App. I don't normally use a mobile either. It lives in the car now and again, merely as a means to let my wife know when I am heading home.

Phone cost under $100 and I pay $20 a year (Vodafone International Plan - which they never advertise).

Judging by the number of friends who manage to lose them or update them at vast expense, I'd rather put the money towards a Goodwood trip.

As an aside, Leadfoot publish their entry list before the event and so does Goodwood - but I still buy the programmes.
    Last edited by ERC; 02-03-2020 at 05:12 AM.

anyone who has surplus Motocrcyle racing programmes i'm looking for some please. i'm currently putting a guide to all the road racing circuits together as well as purchased a collection of photos from several decades from the late 1950's. some have been labelled but a number are not individually so programmes would be useful in identifying them. Have some swaps if people would prefer that option too. thanks graeme

both projects will be out there in the public eye, this stuff is too good to stash away on my shelves folks
    Last edited by jellywrestler; 02-22-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Fistonic View Post
    I was dismayed when I fronted up to the ticket office at Hampton Downs for the Speed Works TRS meeting yesterday.

When I asked for a ticket ($40) and a programme I was informed that they were not providing programmes and I would have to download an app to get information on events and entrants.

Not having a "smart phone" i spent the day not knowing what the next race was going to be, or who was driving what.

Surely in a five meeting series they could have produced a generic programme, funded mainly by advertising, and added a two page insert showing events and entrants at each individual meeting.

This was done for the Peter Stuyvesant Series in the seventies and the Peter Jackson Series in the nineties.
    there's those who keep these and flicking through them gets them back too....