Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Photos: The Bruce Wells Collection - The Drivers

Terry, if it's any help I reckon 5 and possibly 6 were taken at Catalina Park.

And the more I look at the one of Pete in the 23 the more I'm convinced it's at Lowood.

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
    I notice on Clark’s driving suit that he is called “Jimmy”.

This is very unusual as I don’t think I have ever heard him referred to as other than “Jim”

Seems very American.
    Terry,
    I think it was much more than "very American."
    Name:  Jimmy.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  90.9 KB
    Foreword from: Jim Clark. Portrait of a Great Driver
    by Graham Gauld

(Ken Hyndman )

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell View Post
    Terry, if it's any help I reckon 5 and possibly 6 were taken at Catalina Park.

And the more I look at the one of Pete in the 23 the more I'm convinced it's at Lowood.
    Ray, as I noted in post#179 I believe the photo of Geoghegan in the 23 is at Lakeside because I can’t see any other photos that Bruce Wells took at Lowood.

I had this person and cars sent to me , is anything in this thread for these cars, or is it later-

"My old boss and friend Stuart Kostera raced the ex Frank Matich SR3 and Garrie Coopers MS7"

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Terry, I can't think of anywhere at Lakeside where that scene could exist...

The competition cars in the background with people sitting down at the fence, ostensibly to watch the racing, the apparent direction of the car's travel all add up to a difficult scene to fit in with Lakeside.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    I had this person and cars sent to me , is anything in this thread for these cars, or is it later-

"My old boss and friend Stuart Kostera raced the ex Frank Matich SR3 and Garrie Coopers MS7"
    Stuart Kostera raced after the shots were taken. He was from Western Australia.
    Dale.