Thread: Formula 5000

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    I remember looking at that car at Warwick Farm and thinking the same as most, gee, it is immaculate. I also had never heard of Reg Papps and Sons and have never heard of them since. Maybe it was their one only involvement with racing cars. ???
    Dale.

Reg Papps & Sons

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Harvey View Post
    I remember looking at that car at Warwick Farm and thinking the same as most, gee, it is immaculate. I also had never heard of Reg Papps and Sons and have never heard of them since. Maybe it was their one only involvement with racing cars. ???
    Dale.
    Hi Dale, and all Reg Papps fans(?)
    Not quite their "only involvement" - at the following link: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971_Hardie-Ferodo_500, it shows they entered a VH Charger in the 1971 Bathurst 500, which Bob Beasley qualified in 10th.
    It finished in 10th overall (only one lap down), so must have run consistently all day. No co-driver listed- looks like Bob played a lone hand that day.
    I checked the '70 and '72 events, and it didn't show them as entrants/runners in either.
    If Bob B is still "going around", might be a good contact to follow up on the "mysterious" Papps clan.