Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 5000

That certainly is a great looking machine and I was lucky enough to see it racing at the McLaren Festival. That will be a great sight when some of the M10's currently being rebuilt in NZ hit the track.

The prototype M10a in the workshop before the January 1969 Motor show. Bruce was very proud of this car and thought that Formula A - as it was known then - was an excelent concept.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wow, it sure is great having you here Wal!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle512 View Post
    Yes, the McLaren M10B (ex David Prophet) has been owned and raced by Bruce Leeson for many years. Bruce is an Australian living here in California. One of his incarnations was as a motorsports photographer and magazine contributor in Australia during the heyday of F5000.

Bruce is quite fast and has raced the car in the US, NZ, and OZ. He actually won the Class-A (older chassis) honors at the Australian Grand Prix F1 support race (Tasman Cup Revival) a few years ago.

For information on The Ginger People, see their website at http://www.gingerpeople.com.au/

Attachment 6545
    Thanks for that info Eagle, thats great! What a superb looking car.

Weekend Warrior
    Hi, here's a little update on the Leeson Mclaren. I am not sure how many of you will remember us (Nick and Bob Slade at Slade Engines) originally from Christchurch, we are rebuilding the engine for Bruces Mclaren and when we got the car to our workshop we realized it needed a lot of work so I am currently underway on a complete rebuild. The car is being converted to mechanical fuel injection and the car is going to Australia in a month. I have been through all the uprights and gearbox and Brakes and made a new wiring loom. I just completed a bolt list today so the car will be completely fitted with new NAS hardware and all the suspension pieces replated Nickel. There has been a lot of changes so for those that remember the car I think you will clearly see the difference

New headrest Bar

New bulkhead panel fitted after I airbrushed bulkheads

New painted Bulkhead
    [IMG]http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad201/nickardele/B72CE76B-4128-450B-82D7-9DC90000005B8F88F84

Quick wiring diagram so I did not have any problems

Loom in car

Weekend Warrior

That is sure going to be a thorough refurbishment - will see it lasting for years to come.

Great to see you on this website. Maybe you should revisit NZ some time soon.

Beautiful work Nick! Thanks for posting. Can you update us as you progress?

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks, yes I will keep you updated on the progress. I have spent most of the last two days taking care of ordering parts. I will post more pictures as progress is made.

Weekend Warrior

Today we recieved the new rear wishbones and output flanges so everything went out for Nickel plating except rear wing mount which is still on the car being repaired.

the M10 has been voted as 1 of the best looking cars of the 70's just like the Jordan 191 of the 90's and has to be 1 car in the dream lottery30 million lottery win collection buying spree we will all go on !
    NO i am not starting to add other cars to the list maybe that is another thread
    Yes I know Im behind you guys, i like warm beer and it rains a lot here too.

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
    the M10 has been voted as 1 of the best looking cars of the 70's just like the Jordan 191 of the 90's and has to be 1 car in the dream lottery30 million lottery win collection buying spree we will all go on !
    NO i am not starting to add other cars to the list maybe that is another thread
    Point yes.....my apologies,I hijacked this thread and took it off subject!

I'm no expert Nick, but those look a lot like F5000 pics to me! Keep 'em coming!

Journeyman Racer
    The pictures are fantastic Nick

Classic Carlectables are releasing another Lola T332 in early 2013. This version being the Vern Schuppan Theodore Racing Lola T332 HU37 Rothmans Oran Park Round Winner. Perhaps just a overall series winner replica would have been better. Im probably dreaming, but it would be nice if this car had wet weather tyres

Name:  Schuppant332b.jpg
Views: 1563
Size:  89.4 KB

Bondy, that model is stunning!

Weekend Warrior
    Hi guys, today I put the transmission back together. I won't have any of the parts back from plating until Friday. I will be ready to fit suspension to gearbox and tub, all the uprights and gearbox are back together and the rack is at heat treating. We have new valves in and the crank should be finished this week. Lots to do and very little time left now!

Weekend Warrior
    Here is a quick photo update

Very nice! When you say it needed a lot of work, what was wrong with the car? Was it just getting tired or had it been involved in a shunt? (Or something?)

Hey Nick, great photos! Hopefully you'll get a chance to record the audio (at least) of the dyno run. No need to publish the numbers though Name:  McLarenRA.jpg
Views: 1263
Size:  120.5 KB

Here's a pic of the M10B at it's last race before the rebuild. Road America, July 2012. That's the RIAM / Adamowicz Eagle mk5 in the foreground.

Steve
    ps see you for lunch today or tomorrow.