Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 5000

Here's related F5000 video of Jay Esterer at Goodwood Revival in 2011. Jay also has two McRae GM1's that he has raced around the globe. I believe he won last years Lady Wigram.

The video is not F5000 but it IS probably the most entertaining race I've "seen" at Goodwood. See what you think!

Whitsun Trophy Race Goodwood 2011
    Last edited by Eagle512; 09-22-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Here's a photo of the car Nick's working on. 1970 Oulton Park. David Prophet M10B. View the results here http://www.ultimateracinghistory.com...p?uniqid=23463

Name:  David Prophet .jpg
Views: 1994
Size:  161.7 KB

Semi-Pro Racer
    The new book on F5000 is on the shelves...

F5000 Thunder
    Titans of Road Racing 1970-1982
    Oxley / Bell

400+ pages
    Great previously unpublished pics
    1st hand stories by those who were there
    Around $A90

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle512 View Post
    Here's a photo of the car Nick's working on. 1970 Oulton Park. David Prophet M10B. View the results here http://www.ultimateracinghistory.com...p?uniqid=23463

Name:  David Prophet .jpg
Views: 1994
Size:  161.7 KB
    Superb photo!

Here's related F5000 video of Jay Esterer at Goodwood Festival in 2011. Jay also has two McRae GM1's that he has raced around the globe. I believe he won last years Lady Wigram.

The video is not F5000 but it IS probably the most entertaining race I've "seen" at Goodwood. See what you think!

Whitsun Trophy Race Goodwood 2011
    Wow! Just magnificent! Some of those guys are absolutely nuts! Can the Goodwood race highlights be bought on dvd?

Hi Steve,
    My mistake, it's actually the Goodwood Revival. The FOS is the hillclimb. (I edited my post to correct it).

I haven't watched any of these DVD's but a quick google gives me the "gift shop" at Goodwood for the DVD.

http://shop.goodwood.com/products/20...-revival-dvd-1

Steve

So much for owners pampering their classic cars. Great to see the Lola still in the Cambridge racing colours.

Hi Steve,
    My mistake, it's actually the Goodwood Revival. The FOS is the hillclimb. (I edited my post to correct it).

I haven't watched any of these DVD's but a quick google gives me the "gift shop" at Goodwood for the DVD.

http://shop.goodwood.com/products/20...-revival-dvd-1

Steve
    Thats OK, I knew what you meant. Thanks again for posting. Ain't Google just great!

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Superb photo!
    Yes that is a fantastic photo, sorry I missed you today Steve, we spent the day with the thunderbirds (U.S.A.F) F16's,absolutely fantastic to get up close for the day, would love to post pics but that would definately not be in line with subject at hand

Eagle MK5 #511 recently resurrected in Colorado. Wonderful job of rebuilding the ex Davey Jordan ex Swede Savage Eagle # 511.

In 1969 the AIR team of John Crean and James Garner purchased 3 cars to race in the North American Formula/A (F5000) series.

The chassis were 511, 512, and 513. 511 raced in the US and Canada with Dave Jordan and Swede Savage. 512 raced in US, Canada and New Zealand with Dave Jordan and Bill Simpson. 513 was never actively campaigned (perhaps 'club' racing?) and is presently being resurrected in Ohio.

Chassis 511, powered by a STOUT Plymouth engine, ended it's first life against the fence at the Questor Grand Prix in 1971. The Questor was a challenge race between F5000 and Formula 1.

Restored and just completed including it's Plymouth power. Looking forward to seeing it on track soon. More details on the Eagles can be found here http://www.oldracingcars.com/eagle/68-69/

Steve

Name:  Front.jpg
Views: 1796
Size:  130.2 KBName:  High rear.jpg
Views: 1555
Size:  118.2 KB

Wow, that is STUNNING! What a beautiful job they've done. I assume the motor was essentially what was used in the AAR Plymouth Cuda's in the 1970 Trans-Am series, but with fuel injection? Must sound fantastic.

Weekend Warrior
    Just a quick Photo update

That Eagle looks gorgeous. Hope the owner can be tempted down this way at some stage. Would love to see it (and hear something different to the Chevs).

Cheers
    Lee

Weekend Warrior
    It might take a while to find but I think I have video of it when we ran it on our Dyno. I will certainly post it if I do

Weekend Warrior
    The Mclaren is finished and we tested today at Buttonwillow and the car ran great. Eagle512 ( Steve ) came to the track and helped for the day.
    the car will be on it's way to Australia shortly.

Looks lovely Nick!

Cheers
    Lee

Great photos Nick! And a great job on the car.
    Steve

[QUOTE=Nick Slade;18724]The Mclaren is finished and we tested today at Buttonwillow and the car ran great.

Real nice work Nick, I've really enjoyed your posts on all the work you guys have been doing.

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks, I wished I had just a couple more days with the car but it turned out well. I hope that it gets some great results in Australia

Nick, does the car live in Australia, or is it just being sent to Aus to race?