Thread: Where are the sound meters at HD and Puke?

Where are the sound meters at HD and Puke?

Does anyone know where, and which side of the track, the noise meters are at Hampton Downs and Pukekohe? TIA

they should be at the property boundary. anywhere else and they are pointless. the meter will probably be a handheld one and is subject to operator error

When these people measure noise levels are the measuring the noise mass of the field or individual cars?

what are you trying to find out? a LVVTA inspector can do noise tests. they will give different results to a race track test.

Quote Originally Posted by 928 View Post
    what are you trying to find out? a LVVTA inspector can do noise tests. they will give different results to a race track test.
    Exactly - different results to the race track. I'm thinking about how I'm going to build my exhaust system, and which side of the car to exit it on will depend on which side of the track the noise meters are on. I don't care about the road, the car will never be used on the road.

oh dear, noise meters are hand held, that is, most of them, including the ones I have used. i suppose crossing the track is not in your best interests is it? the ref to lvvta was access to a meter nothing to do with road use at all

[QUOTE=928;59480]they should be at the property boundary. anywhere else and they are pointless. the meter will probably be a handheld one and is subject to operator error[/QUOTE
    The noise meter at Pukekohe is located in feild I.e RH side of car, it is stationed as you exit turn five heading for the hairpin, I have never seen one at Hampton

[QUOTE=dekon;59485]
    Quote Originally Posted by 928 View Post
    they should be at the property boundary. anywhere else and they are pointless. the meter will probably be a handheld one and is subject to operator error[/QUOTE
    The noise meter at Pukekohe is located in feild I.e RH side of car, it is stationed as you exit turn five heading for the hairpin, I have never seen one at Hampton
    who allowed that to happen? this has come up before. it is a bit like putting a meter in a tin shed, throwing marbles at the shed, then complaining about the noise from the next town.
    noise should only be measured at the place were the complaint comes from