Thread: RIP Vic Edelbrock Jr....1936 to 2017

RIP Vic Edelbrock Jr....1936 to 2017

I got news over the weekend that Vic Edelbrock Jr had passed away aged 80 after a short illness…if you’re any sort of car performance guy come car nut you would know that “Edelbrock” stood for Hot Rodding, Performance, the Flathead V8, along with all other V8 engines, but most important Quality and “Made in the USA”. I was lucky enough to have met him many times over the years mostly through the Historic Trans Am racing group at Monterey Historics every August, the big red Edelbrock truck and trailer was always parked in the same prime pit area.

He was always happy to chat to anyone that came along. I was also lucky to visit the Edelbrock premises in Torrance several times with tours though Vic’s garage and even a private tour though the machine shop thanks to Mike Eddy, whom looked after Vics race cars. 2012 I was invited, along with Craig and Scott Stacy to a drinks and snacks evening on his Yacht parked in the Monterey Bay Harbour and enjoyed casually talking to him, he luv that his products were used world-wide and was especially fond knowing that they were used in Australia and New Zealand…….to me he was a great man, a Legend and all-round good guy, he will be missed in the automotive world for sure but no doubt the “Edelbrock” name will live on for a long time……im sure in days to come more will be written about him. My condolences go out to is Family, Wife Nacey and daughters. RIP Mr Edelbrock Jr 1936 to 2017.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 06-12-2017 at 08:41 PM.

World Champion
    Dale,
    That was a nice tribute to a fine man.
    He will be missed but the company will keep sending their products to racers all over the world.
    He did seem to enjoy racing the ex George Follmer 1969 Boss 302 especially when his daughter Christi also joined in with the ex Smokey Yunick 1968 Camaro.
    Name:  Christi Edelbrock and the 1969 Boss 302 Mustang# 2 jpg.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  124.3 KB
    Christi Edelbrock signs a model Shelby Mustang while her father Vic Jr. chats in the background.
    (Ken Hyndman photo..August 2016. )

Name:  Edelbrock. 1969 Boss 302.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  115.6 KB
    Vic Edelbrock Jr.at speed in his 1969 Boss 302.
    (Unknown photographer.)

Another tribute to Vic Edelbrock. Jr.
    https://www.good-guys.com/hotnews/?p=20675

(Ken Hyndman )
    Last edited by khyndart in CA; 06-12-2017 at 08:01 PM.