Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
Thanks guys. I'd like to feature approx 6-8 NZ built specials in the book. Other than the GeeCeeEss, which would you recommend? Keep in mind I also need to be able to get a good supply of period photos.
Congratulations Steve,

Please stay with and it get in touch regarding economical ways to produce and publish the book. I can give you some good tips.

Strange as it may seem, it should include Gordon Brown's Ford Ten Special. No, not a high performance item, but the forunner and insperation for what became an extremely popular trend, as should be pointed out in relevent descriptive text. A local sports car magazine now many years defunct, carried a very good article on the car some seventy years ago. Put out a signal and try to locate a copy.

Would you believe, as was reported in the magazine, Gordon as a young family man, fitted a makeshift blade to its front end in order to grade the just laid lawn, when a first home owner. Real do it yourself stuff. In those days your new house when purchased, lacked everything in respect of the dirt it was built on, except for a very minimal, legally defining bouindry fence.

Cheers, Trevor.