Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: SCANZ and 2 Litre NZ Sports Racing Cars

Semi-Pro Racer
    Does anyone have any photos of the Maral SP250 that was built and raced in Scanz in the early 1970s Raced by Greg Napper.
    Vercoe relates it to the U2 but it was in fact built by Mark Lamberton from the origional Valour raced by Jim Boyd. It had a single seat GEMCO style body. I understand that inspite of its name it had nothing to do with the Daimler SP250.

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant Ellwood View Post
    Is that a genuine James Hunt suit?
    Hi yes it is. Simpson 5 layer nomex. Marlboro McLaren colours. Some of the embroidery has been removed as Bob didn't want to be too pretentious.

Lamberton

This is the only photo I have of Mark. Out of Motoraction I think.

Name:  Lamberton 001.jpg
Views: 1682
Size:  158.9 KB

Yo ! High Pocket,s good to see you on TRS Jamie A

Puke 1972

Just for interest. Who was the u2 driver who ended up in the water? He lost it coming out of the chicane near the pits...

is number 6 in top Frame the Taliesin 1 ?

No the Taliesin was front Engine like all G B,s cars Jamie

sorry i meant the pick with two similar cars 6 and 8 and Coca-Cola in back ground.

Tallesin, there should be an option at the bottom of the post you're referring to that says "Reply With Quote". If you click that, hopefully, the picture and text from that post should appear in your new post.

Yes I have gone back and had A look and that is the Tallesin 1 G B has beene looking at the site along with Ross Monk so ypy mite get A reply from Gerard him self Jamie A

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Yes I have gone back and had A look and that is the Tallesin 1 G B has beene looking at the site along with Ross Monk so ypy mite get A reply from Gerard him self Jamie A
    AMAZING!!! Ross Monk still alive and I thought he died under a table at Manfeild clubrooms.

No Russ he just looks that way ?. Had A few dinkeys with Bob Homewood Gearad Barker And Ross Monk on sunday night we held our side up pritty well !!A good night ALL Round good Food suplyed by the Butiful Beulaha Jamie A

Journeyman Racer
    No Russ he just looks that way ?. Had A few dinkeys with Bob Homewood Gearad Barker And Ross Monk on sunday night we held our side up pritty well !!A good night ALL Round good Food suplyed by the Butiful Beulaha Jamie A
    On Saturday morning you looked like you had a few Friday as well

Walked into a Dunedin workshop last Monday and there sitting on stands being fettled was Rhubarb 3.

Your not wrong USA DOG there was no Homewood so had to do it allover again wasent I A good boy JAMIE A
    P/S I will tell Ross! Carlo he was asking where it was Jamie

Jamie ,yes that was a good catch up ,well overdue I must add ,we should have had it on tape ,well maybe not quite all of it ,but seriously there was a lot of racing experience and miles there together the other night ,we only needed the gentleman who called briefly into my shop today to be there as well and I am sure the night would have been a lot longer

Your not wrong USA DOG there was no Homewood so had to do it allover again wasent I A good boy JAMIE A
    P/S I will tell Ross! Carlo he was asking where it was Jamie

ARR Bob that wasent our old mate Charliy B Was it Jamie

Have sent you a PM Jamie

Carlo

M<orning Carlo thanks verry much but could you check the phone N/o I had a nice convication with a lovley Lady Jamie

Jamie, why am I not surprised that you have been convicted with a lovely lady!