Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: SCANZ and 2 Litre NZ Sports Racing Cars

[QUOTE=jamie;30101]Hi the Lola was sold to Billey Apple and totaly restored and is used as A peice of art.

Does anyone know where John McDonald, ex-Wellington, is these days (raced the Noble Special in SCANZ events in the 1970s (?) and fitted it with a DG-300 Hewland and a McLaren M16 (?) rear wing, apparently brought back from England by George Begg. Thanks, David Manton

Hi David - he was in Melbourne when I last caught up with him. I'll see what I can find on my computer at work.

Hi David I have an e/m adds and ph no for John and will be seeing him in a few weeks Jamie A

Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Hi David I have an e/m adds and ph no for John and will be seeing him in a few weeks Jamie A
    Thanks to both Michael, Jamie and the Roaring Season for help in putting me in contact today with John. Another good guy from NZ motorsport in the 70's.
    -- David

where was this "purple onion" located?

Journeyman Racer
    Vivian Street but Jamie knows more than I

Quote Originally Posted by ElCoyote View Post
    Vivian Street but Jamie knows more than I

Seems a few of the boys had a 'cup of tea' there at different times. Very scenic place. That's enough info I thinks

See it has featured in the thread from NZ library as well

Yes Gang thank God the walls dont tell tails? Some good evinings on the way to the SI [Yes Darling I just want to be early for the boat ]HE HE Jamie A

Hi Gang All semes quiet on the SCANZ SPORTS CAR FRONT? Bob Homewood you got not much to say these days .Your old Mate Charley B has been through the wars and lost one Eye Jamie A

Hi everyone. this is my first posting so trying to work out how to put a photo up as well.This is further to Russ Noble's post 79.If I can upload a picture its of the Noble at Levels.Name:  Scan3a.jpg
Views: 1562
Size:  160.8 KB

Ok seeing that worked a bit more information.while I was at college I worked for Dave Lester after school and on weekends and he took me to Levels for this meeting.Murray Baker was driving the car this day (although as pointed out Dave did drive it occasionally). Sometime after this I became good friends with Lyn Johnson and was showing him through my photos and when he saw this one said "yeah I remember that day, that's me in the hat."

these would have been taken the same day and I think no 64 also belonged to Dave Lester.Name:  2a.jpg
Views: 1532
Size:  150.9 KB

I'm also interested in the history of this car.Name:  P4262218.jpg
Views: 1492
Size:  183.2 KB

Hi Lindsay .That car was built by Darryl Raisey in Napier with A 3sge 2 let and A 5 speed Hewland Box Darryl still lives Napier
    Jamie A

Thanks Jamie, I bought the car as a rolling chassis a couple of years ago and believed it started life as a Formula junior Lynx.Peter Benbrook's name is on the bodywork so he owned it at some stage.My plan is to not use the sports car body but build a single seater body along the lines of an M23 Mclaren.

Lindsay, PM sent

Just for interest 1974

Name:  img0111111111111111111.jpg
Views: 1329
Size:  138.7 KB

Weekend Warrior

SCANZ - Those were the days!

New to the forum! Register yesterday, introduction posted this morning.

My (Eugene Boyle - formerly of Te Aroha) first memories of SCANZ go back to Bob Hyslop at Manfield in the early 1970's racing the JRM. I attempted to join in the fun, albeit briefly in 1983 in a Mallock Mk4 (now owned by Gavin Bateman) and a MK 8 (now in the custody of Brian Service -HRSSC). Realised that I was trying to " ... go to a gunfight with a knife ..." so I retreated to repair the Trevor Larsen damaged Rhubarb 2, but a divorce intervened and put threw everything up in the air!

Still they were great times.