Quote Originally Posted by GPBK View Post
I waited a few days to see if the message would go but it persists so I eventually opted to come to RS because I knew this thread had been going for a while and wanted to see if anyone else was having similar experiences.

I can't say for sure whether accessing the RS led to me getting the email but I get no spam and have seldom if ever got such things so the timing would have to be a huge co-incidence for the two not to be related.
Methinks this may be more than a coincidence too.

I was on the phone to my ISP yesterday (I know them well) and was told that a lot of the Chinese spam that has been hitting one of my addresses is because the Chinese government apparently pays people to phish, hack and spam.

I have deleted one of my email addresses totally and am about to delete another, but it is a slow process going into the various company sites, banking, message boards, computer software, magazine subscriptions, travel, Government sites etc., just to change the contact details.

Some are easy, some are diabolical, but I couldn't see any alternative.

I certainly won't be posting any more pics on here until there is a guarantee that all is well.