Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this Firebird still around?

A year or two too early, That's a 67 or 68, but damn what a mess. Doesn't look good for the driver.
    Where did that happen Duncan ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce302 View Post
    Hi Paul,
    This is one of the 5 '39 coupe's that Robin had.

I know this isn't the right place so I will start a thread for Robin. He is very appreciative that he is well remembered. I spoke with him today and will be calling him again this weekend.

Bruce.
    That's very cool, Thanks Rod & Bruce I will wait for the new "Robin thread". It would be great reading!
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce302 View Post
    A year or two too early, That's a 67 or 68, but damn what a mess. Doesn't look good for the driver.
    Where did that happen Duncan ?
    Bridge abutment on the way to Tauranga. triple fatality IIRC. man it was hit hard. Photo taken at Dave Looses shop im going to say..... early 80's.

Can't have been too many of those Firebird 400s in NZ at the time. I wonder if its the same car pictured here (which is a '68) from the Allan Porter collection of early NZ drag racing photos.

Name:  12974311_974800792603233_5362861796121141631_n.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  106.7 KB

That's a great photo, loads of memorable cars, I see Gail Prast back there on the right, and maybe Harry Donker on the right too, and is that Alan Boyle's Viva behind the Singer (?) That is the "Brown's Rd Drags" actually Kerrs Rd now but good times.

Quote Originally Posted by duncan fox View Post
    Bridge abutment on the way to Tauranga. triple fatality IIRC. man it was hit hard. Photo taken at Dave Looses shop im going to say..... early 80's.
    Could be the Gerry McShane Firebird Duncan.

Behind Robins 39 DeLuxe Burger- is that the well photographed cycling A40 Farina of Graeme Addis ?

Also in about 1974, a mate of mine Danny - lived in Titirangi-had an early Pontiac Firebird- metallic dark green, didnt have front seats, installed a HQ holden bench seat. Any one know what happened to that one.?

And the series winners were .... [from roaring season]
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Kwaussie; 09-26-2017 at 01:17 AM.

Think you better start a thread on Robin if you like Bruce.
    Just been having a good chat, and he may be reunited with a bit of history if possible.
    Give me a yell some time Bruce if you want a quick chat, email me and i can contact.
    grimmie64@xtra.co.nz

Hi Rod,
    I will email you.

Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Think you better start a thread on Robin if you like Bruce.
    Just been having a good chat, and he may be reunited with a bit of history if possible.
    Give me a yell some time Bruce if you want a quick chat, email me and i can contact.
    grimmie64@xtra.co.nz
    Thats sounds cool to me
    Cheers

I need to get a photo album back and as soon as I can do that we can kick it off.

B.