Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Hirst View Post
About to start refurbish on partner's 1989 MX5, need LF guard & LH door if anybody has them, car has done over300,000 K's only trouble it has had was crank nose, brilliant machine.
The easiest fix for the crank nose is just do an engine swap. I have done 6 now for various members. (Only takes about 15 hours!). You can glue the bottom pulley on, but that usually is a temporary measure. Halfway through 1990 Mazda identified the issue and fixed it by increasing the shaft diameter, increasing the length of the key way and using a larger bolt.
The only other issues they have are the rear calipers, and sometimes rust under the stainless steel door sill covers if they are fitted.

Good luck with using Ross at MX5 Mart. I have never used him but I believe its pretty hit-n-miss with the service he offers.
There is a closed group on Facebook (NZ MX5) who are of the younger generation but you can get a lot of parts reasonably cheaply. A few guys part them out occasionally.

MazSpares in Christchurch also look after club members and they are reasonably priced. I can send you the contact details if you want it.